Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we have a thread to answer questions regarding Autostick, MDS, and Eco/Fuel Saver mode questions?

My motivating question is:

If I use auto-stick when cruising on the freeway, how does that impact MDS? I think the answer is that it may limit it a bit, but will not completely disable it. I don't know though for sure.

Here are a few things I (think) I know.

1) The Fuel Saver/Eco light is not directly related to MDS mode. That is, it goes on when the computer thinks you are driving in a fuel efficient manner, even just around town at low speeds when MDS is not in play.

2) The Fuel Saver/Eco light does seem to go on on the freeway when cruising and MDS is on as well.

I mention the above, because when I first started driving I equated 'Fuel Saver Mode' with 'The MDS is On', but this is erroneous I believe.

Folks with more knowledge on how these three items interact with one another please post your knowledge here.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
If I use auto-stick when cruising on the freeway, how does that impact MDS?
MDS does not come on at all in AutoStick mode.
The Fuel Saver/Eco light is not directly related to MDS mode.
Correct. MDS comes on when in ECO mode (low load), which is what confuses people, but they're two different things.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Can we have a thread to answer questions regarding Autostick, MDS, and Eco/Fuel Saver mode questions?

My motivating question is:

If I use auto-stick when cruising on the freeway, how does that impact MDS? To the best of my knowledge, the MDS circuit is disabled. I think the answer is that it may limit it a bit, but will not completely disable it. I don't know though for sure.

Here are a few things I (think) I know.

1) The Fuel Saver/Eco light is not directly related to MDS mode. Might have to agree with you on this one. I have a Diablo tune / MDS disabled on my car. The ECO light still comes on even tho MDS is disabled. That is, it goes on when the computer thinks you are driving in a fuel efficient manner, even just around town at low speeds when MDS is not in play.

2) The Fuel Saver/Eco light does seem to go on on the freeway when cruising and MDS is on as well. Correct.

I mention the above, because when I first started driving I equated 'Fuel Saver Mode' with 'The MDS is On', but this is erroneous I believe. Correct. I guess think of it this way; when you are driving in an ECO mode, the MDS is given the OK do enable but the does not necessarily mean that the MDS will enable.

Folks with more knowledge on how these three items interact with one another please post your knowledge here.
See answers in red above. Best I can offer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts