Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping I can use these tires on my 2010 R/T https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S4PGF02/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is a Used car so I really and truthfully don't know if they are 8" or 9". If anyone knows just based off of their image which they are please let me know.
Will there be any rubbing running 275 40 20 on the front? I have read that it would be fine on the back if they are 8 inch is the problem just going to be wear pattern or would it be an issue with hydroplaning and losing control and such.
If Not what are some good tires with good reviews in around the same price range?
Thank you all for your responses.(This is obviously the first time I have tried to upsize a tire on a car for better grip)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Those are 8 inch wheels, and for the price the Atturos are sure hard to ignore, especially when you consider how quickly our cars wear out tires. 275 is considered too wide for a 8-inch wheel, 255/45 is I believe about the recommended safest...but I've seen so many people break the rim width/tire width rule with no consequence I don't talk about it anymore LOL

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you heard on if they rub on R/ T's if you put the 275 on the front? I had found someone with an SRT that said they didn't but haven't been able to track down an R/T with 275 on the front.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Yeah sorry, that I do not know.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I think you may at least need to roll the fenders on that year car. That's what I've heard from other owners anyway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you may at least need to roll the fenders on that year car. That's what I've heard from other owners anyway.
Let's Hope not if that is the case I may have to change which tires I am looking at(I already ordered them but I got that Amazon return period if they don't fit). I don't want to mismatch brands that actually is dangerous!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts