Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the electronic genius here......
But, adding some custom lighting mods to my trunk and trunk lid liner.
Although it will be all LEDs, I am reluctant to just "chain" them into the trunk lid light, which I have already changed to an LED.

My plan was to simply chain 2 more 30 lumen LEDS to that Trunk Lid light.
THEN....use a rechargeable battery to power my other custom lighting mods on the trunk lid liner....just to be on the safe side.
I'd build a camouflaged box with a switch on it for use after dusk at shows.

THE QUESTION IS: How many Amps do I need for that 12V battery to run a few more lighting mods in the thrunk??
Will 7 amps do it? 12 Amps???

I figure some of you folks have run into this situation for an amp or something in the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,944 Posts
Does the specific strips you plan to use have a data chart? Do they list consumption, etc? There is no set amount of draw, it depends on the strips

A Guy

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Does the specific strips you plan to use have a data chart? Do they list consumption, etc? There is no set amount of draw, it depends on the strips

LED strip light - how many Amps? - YouTube

A Guy
Thanks AGuy!

I figured that some has had a "NOT ENOUGH" Amps experience, or has done this and found that, let's say a 7 Amp battery worked fine.
Thanks for the video, as I didn't think about that being on YouTube.

I will only be using a short strip and 3 individual bulbs....so around a 7 Amp battery should do just fine.
Gonna figure my several lights won't pull what that guy's 5 foot strip does.
I could go with less Amps, but buying a little bigger will ensure I don't run out of juice between charges; beside they are pretty inexpensive anyway.

Will post pics when I'm done. But, that will an over-winter mod project.
Another soonercruiser one-of-a-kind!

Thanks again! :wink3:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,944 Posts
:thumbsup:

A Guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts