Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the last 10 days I’ve had to commute 100 miles every single day, most of it highway. As a result, my average mpgs have jumped pretty significantly. Peaked today at 22.3.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Lol that typically happens when you drive in the highway and you don’t mash the right foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
118 Posts
Hit 23 in my scat, hand calculated. Still only a 1000 miles on it. This thing will hit 25 after its broken in on straight highway.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I average 24+ all the time. 5.7 6 speed manual. Not that it matters all that much. I'm sure I could get it down 15 if I tried.:cool:

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
312 Posts
The Adaptive Cruise Control helps too if you have the time to pace someone else. Tuck in behind a semi, and let the ACC manage the speed. Good for a pretty nice MPG jump at freeway speeds.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
I'm usually at 22 mpg average per tank.

I'm in a rural area, very little stop and go, hilly and twisties are the norm for roads, drive with Sport Mode "on" all the time, and do plenty of WOT's.

No boy racer in any way, but I do throw it around, and shake its tail properly and safely.

So bottom line, I'm very pleased and surprised how good of mileage the 392 can get, especially on the open road just cruising.

EDIT: Just checked my DID "B" mpg/mile screen.

4973 miles
22.3 mpg

Don't remember when I last set this, but it includes an 1800 mile road trip to and through the Rockies, and numerous 250 mile road trips.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
118 Posts
The mpg is less a concern, versus the need to run premium. Anywhere from $.60 to $1.00 more per gallon compared to 87. Longing for the days that each step up in grade was only ten cents more expensive.

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
312 Posts
... Anywhere from $.60 to $1.00 more per gallon compared to 87...
Where are you at?? The most I see around here is $.40 between regular and premium, with mid-grade in the middle. Yesterday I noticed a station that was $.10 to mid, and then $.11 to premium for a $.21 difference. $1.00 seems excessive or something else is weird. The government isn't taxing premium fuel at a higher rate in your area, are they?

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
118 Posts
Where are you at?? The most I see around here is $.40 between regular and premium, with mid-grade in the middle. Yesterday I noticed a station that was $.10 to mid, and then $.11 to premium for a $.21 difference. $1.00 seems excessive or something else is weird. The government isn't taxing premium fuel at a higher rate in your area, are they?
Central washington.

I filled up Wednesday, not at my preferred station. Regular was I think 2.29 for cash, 2.39 for card. I paid 2.99 on my card for premium.

I don't think it's taxed different. I've read the little stickers on the pumps that explain taxes, doesn't mention it.

I briefly considered using octane boosters on a regular basis as the numbers came out in my favor. I started researching it and decided that was not a route I wanted to go.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
118 Posts
Honestly from a business perspective it kind of makes sense. If most people know anything about fuel, they know that only those who need premium will get it so they don't really have a choice but to pay the higher price.

Versus those who think premium is somehow better for their camry and maybe they splurge on it once in awhile to help out their car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We can hit 23-24 from Fayetteville NC to Kettering OH - 2018 5.7 RT+ BUT MUST use cruise. If we by-pass the tolls in WV drops to 17.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I bought my Scat Shaker in OH and drove it 600+ miles back to GA. It was breaking in so I stayed around 55mph almost the whole way. Averaged 26mph. It can be done If you drive like granny.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Go into the settings and set it to UK gallons . . . they are bigger than US gallons so it'll look better again :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
...but you may develop cravings for tea and scones...

A Guy

Reactions: Pauljw

·
Registered
75 Posts
. . . and you might have to pay 6 bucks a gallon for regular . . . so you can't afford decent tea, or proper scone (rhymes with gone, rather than stone) :)

Although as demand fell through the floor in our recent nationwide corvid lockdown, I paid just under $5 per US gallon the other week.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts