Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just got my registraion renewal notice in the mail. Registration fees for two years is $9.00 in person and $9.75 by mail. (y) Florida loves their vets!

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
Here in NV,.....2018 RT Plus cost me $538 in January, regular plates.

They go by the value which is wrong on their end. Mine bluebooks for 27k -28k or so, they showed it at 33k.
Car registrations used to be cheaper but all the flood of people moving here and they raised them.
My 07 Ram is $99 every year now since it is over 10 years old. And I need to get a smog every year which go anywhere from $16 to 25. That's cheap enough but still another fee.

Insurance is high In the Vegas area.
But, no state income tax so there's that.
Plus they have pretty good classic vehicle regulations, my dad moved there 20 years ago. The 2 times he bought a new car, he bought it here in PA, then later moved them to NV when they were no longer new cars.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
429 Posts
Plus they have pretty good classic vehicle regulations, my dad moved there 20 years ago. The 2 times he bought a new car, he bought it here in PA, then later moved them to NV when they were no longer new cars.
Don't matter If it is new or not, NV goes by the value of it.....wherever they get that value from.

My Wife's 2013 Altima is still $202 this year. Next Jan my 2018 RT will be around $500.
But yes if you want a classic plate are cheap if your car is old enough.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
724 Posts
$385 with Special Plates...California...

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
724 Posts
Montana is the cheapest I have heard. At least for renewals.
That's why you see so many race car trailers with Montana plates...

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
491 Posts

·
Registered
14,492 Posts
That's why you see so many race car trailers with Montana plates...
Big mistake if they don't live in Montana and their home state finds out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Just renewed my registration for $478. It slowly goes down each year. This is my 4th year and 3rd renewal. Last year the California DMV started charging for debit and credit card usage at a 2.11% surcharge on top of the high fees. To get around that you could do echecking or I heard you could pay with credit at AAA with no charge. I don't have membership so I don't think I could do that.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
724 Posts
I don't know what I'd do without AAA...
I loved them several years ago when my 2002 Buick GSX would break front half shafts at the track...Nice towing service ...I'd call and they said, 'your car where it usually is at track?'...Yup...

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
344 Posts
Just got my renewal notice. $358 for my 2016 R/T (plus the special “commemorative” plates that are black and yellow)

61 - 71 of 71 Posts