Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be ordering my LT headers with catless mids CAI and 180 stat. and want to get it custom tuned... but what should a good tuner cost? i know the dyno really doesnt matter because they are all different what matter is a good tuner...

people that have gotten this done what did it cost?

·
Banned
262 Posts
If you plan on doing more mods in the future I would go the email tune route for now,later with more mods do the dyno tune.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I have paid $495 per CMR tune in the Washington, DC area. DTP in Virginia Beach charges $85 per hour for a dyno tune.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you plan on doing more mods in the future I would go the email tune route for now,later with more mods do the dyno tune.
can you get a emailed correct tune for those mods from diablo?
how much would i be missing out on not going the custom rout?
how much does an emailed tune cost or is it free from diablo?

·
Banned
262 Posts
can you get a emailed correct tune for those mods from diablo?
how much would i be missing out on not going the custom rout?
how much does an emailed tune cost or is it free from diablo?
There are a few vendors that offer email tunes.Not sure how much you would be missing out on not going on a dyno,cant be much with those being your only mods.

I believe Josh at HHP or Joan from Diablo are two of the best hemi tuners.Looking to spend just over $100 for a email tune.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Paid $285 for a dyno run tune- wasn't that great.

Paid $500 for dyno tune as part of cam install. That sucker is awesome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Between 400-500 is typical for a tune. But that doesn't mean its a good... Most drivers new to mods and EFI tunes (compared to your stocker) probably wouldn't know if a tune was bad unless it was un-drivable. There is a gray area in which it will operate and not throw codes, but it would not be at its true potential.

I'd just wait and get all the parts you want and then tune. Email tunes can be a good starting point, but the only successful cars ive seen were "perfected" on the dyno, like anyone would guess.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I paid about 500 to have my supercharged cobra tuned on a dyno, took about 2 hours total time (was some installation involved) and he made 3 tunes for the handheld tuner to use, stock, hp, and torque (or stock, street performance, and race however you want to label them).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts