Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I know there are some very knowledgeable people on this site and when I have a tough question, my search usually leads me back here. This time, no luck, so I figured I would make a thread instead.

I am looking for any info on the AWD system. Specifically, I'd like to know how power is linked to the front wheels. Is there a center diff like how evos do it? Does the transmission have 2 axles sticking out the side of it, like how some audis do? Any pictures would be awesome too! Is there a front diff and if so, how does it fit with the engine in the way. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,027 Posts
There's not much info on it to be honest. It uses the same system the AWD Charger uses. It has an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect. It does add a differential and front axle to power the front wheels. A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's not much info on it to be honest. It uses the same system the AWD Charger uses. It has an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect. It does add a differential and front axle to power the front wheels. A Guy
I hope someone will post a pic from under the car so I can see.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,027 Posts
I'd be interested in that myself. I thought a Google would bring up some technical explanation.

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how accurate this pic is because it shows a V8 instead of a V6 but it does show the diff mounts to the oil pan and also possibly passes the driver side axle through the pan.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Here are some photos I took of mine when I had it on the lift. you can't see the front diff. because of the splash shield it is on the passenger side bolted to the oil pan and the drive shaft for the driver's side wheel goes through a tube through the oil pan to the front wheel.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts