Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a friend that gave me his magnaflow axle back exhaust for my v6. It’s from American muscle back cause he got extra ones. But, I want it a little louder does anyone know what I need other than a x-Pipetone make them a full catalytic exhaust?

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,843 Posts
The exhaust should already have an X-pipe built in from the factory. It would be up close to the cats in front of the mid-mufflers.

The mufflers behind the rear axles aren’t actually mufflers. They are resonators. The bullet looking things in the middle of the car’s exhaust are the actual mufflers.

If you have some mufflers you want to use for the Challenger 3.6L and they are part of an axle-back kit, I don’t think they were meant for the Challengers or Chargers.

Assuming the mufflers themselves will fit on 2.25” pipe you can use the mufflers alone, but the loudness will still be resultant on the muffler’s internal tech/design.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,843 Posts
You can just buy the mufflers separately and have them installed in place of the current stock ones. Then have the exhaust place install the axle back system you have.

Having upgraded a couple Challenger v6s I’ve owned in the past, I will say the dual si/so muffler configuration is not the best way to go if pleasant exhaust tone is desired. I found replacing those two si/so mufflers with a single di/do muffler sounded better with the V6.

You would still be able to use your axle back pipes, just have them installed at the same time the stock mufflers are replaced.

Here’s some audio clips of my Challengers after I upgraded the mufflers to a single Jones Full Boar muffler (and removed the resonators):

1 - 4 of 4 Posts