Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, On my window sticker it says that my '13 sxt has a 3.06 rear axle ratio as a build in option. What is the original ratio , and what benefit will this have over that?

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Hi, On my window sticker it says that my '13 sxt has a 3.06 rear axle ratio as a build in option. What is the original ratio , and what benefit will this have over that?
The default axle ratio for the rear end in a 2013 SXT would be 2.65, as @Slidd pointed out. Having a numerically higher rear axle ratio actually translates into having a lower geared rear end, and thus the car will accelerate a little quicker from a dead stop. That is the basic advantage of the 3.06 rear end over the 2.65.

There are no free lunches however, and with any plus there will be a corresponding minus. In this case, you will be able to accelerate a little quicker from a dead stop, but you will lose some MPGs due to the higher RPMs you will be turning in any given gear to go the same speed.

The 3.6L is a pretty fuel efficient engine to begin with, so losing a MPG or two in the city/highway averages is considered to be a small price to pay for some extra oomph coming off the line. As such, the 3.06 rear end in the SXTs is a good upgrade to have in most people's opinions, mine included.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Can I ask you a few questions here? I had a 2013 SXT+. It had the 2.65 gears, but it also came with 18" wheels. What size wheels did your car come with? I'm just wondering how some cars got different gears back then. If you have 3.06 gears, you are blessed. :)

·
Registered
13,705 Posts
Ok, so since it was an option and you paid for it then that means that your car must have come with the standard 18 inch wheels. That's probably a rare option on the SXT, to have the factory 3.06 but with 18's, don't see too many like that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,401 Posts
26E is basically the 3.6L V6 VVT engine, and 5-speed auto trans. Is your car a Rallye Redline ?

A Guy

·
Registered
13,705 Posts
Stripe probably added since it also has the added R/T badge.

Show a pic of wheels.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are no RR wheels under it.
When i got it there where 20" black wheels under it.
Ugly as sh!t.
Now i have 18" standard chrome wheels.
The car is imported to the netherlands so i dont know what wheels where under it when it left the factory.

·
Registered
13,705 Posts
The car is imported to the netherlands so i dont know what wheels where under it when it left the factory.
Look on door jamb for tire loading and information sticker and it will have the original tire size on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts