Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, got my wife 2010 chally, we picked it up last Monday and in the show room we saw that there was these small pimples in clear coat, throughout the car (spread out one here one over there ). the dealer said they would take care of it, well I brought it in 7 days later and they gave me a hard time and told me to live with it. Anyone have any paint issues (a quick search, found that some have) and did they fix it??? Any advice

·
Registered
549 Posts
I would not live with it and would not let a dealer tell me that if the paint was defective on my car. You should demand immediate repair or contact Dodge directly and advise them what your dealer told you

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Under the hood mine had some bubbles...like they painted over dust or something...dealer had it taken care of no problem

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Its flaws in the clearcoat. Might be able to buff it out. Or wet sand and polish. Ive seen it on a couple Detonator Yellow SRT's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I felt the same way that, being told to live with it, was not they way to treat me. But I kept my calm and told them I want it fixed, the right way. I called my sales rep, (some one who I know) and he said he will take care of it........ I Live in NYC and the dealers hear just don't care, its so bad I have to drive 75 mi to a dealer ship on Long Island to get better cust serv, but I guess that's only if your care doesn't have paint problem. Thanks for the info, If anyone lives IN NJ (near NYC) and has a dealer that does great service let me know,
thanks again,
I am sure the wife will be happy,,, when she gets it back,

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes, I felt the same way that, being told to live with it, was not they way to treat me. But I kept my calm and told them I want it fixed, the right way. I called my sales rep, (some one who I know) and he said he will take care of it........ I Live in NYC and the dealers hear just don't care, its so bad I have to drive 75 mi to a dealer ship on Long Island to get better cust serv, but I guess that's only if your care doesn't have paint problem. Thanks for the info, If anyone lives IN NJ (near NYC) and has a dealer that does great service let me know,
thanks again,
I am sure the wife will be happy,,, when she gets it back,
I live in NJ, my dealership has a great service department. Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Paramus is on Rt. 4, about 15-20 mins from the GWB.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Yes I found dirt in my paint as well but I would not let the dealer touch my car. I didn't even say a word to them about it because I didn't need someone wet sanding through the paint. I figured I'll do it myself.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes I found dirt in my paint as well but I would not let the dealer touch my car. I didn't even say a word to them about it because I didn't need someone wet sanding through the paint. I figured I'll do it myself.
:werd: Every single time I take my car to the dealer or any shop it always seems something else gets broken, scratched, dented. Last time my previous car was covered in overspray.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Sounds like the dreaded fish eyes aka dimples! Have them on my 09 under the hood (rain channel of fender) The paint scratched off with a finger nail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
after two weeks, I am picking it up, lets hope that the dam thing is fixed right, if not, it's times to roll up my sleeves and get tuff with dodge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts