Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here use a B&G flashed computer on the vct 5.7? Is any better than the other? (B&G v/s predator) I want to run a cam in my rt but there seems to be high rpm tunning issues. Would the B&G flash fix this?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
High rpm tuning issues?

Idle issues...maybe.
If you want to try Daves tune, why not buy a Predator or trinity from him, and have him load the custom tune to the Predator ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd stick one of the VVT re-grinds in mine as well, if I thought I could tune it... Who is Dave?
I wish there was something like what HPTuners has available for LS motors, that's a very nice suite.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'd stick one of the VVT re-grinds in mine as well, if I thought I could tune it... Who is Dave?
I wish there was something like what HPTuners has available for LS motors, that's a very nice suite.
FWIW, some of the best tuners in the country struggle with dialing in cammed VVt motors, I dont see how having a different tuning suite would help?

·
Registered
87 Posts
FWIW, some of the best tuners in the country struggle with dialing in cammed VVt motors, I dont see how having a different tuning suite would help?

I'm at a loss as to what's so hard about it... i must be missing something? I understand the cam phaser and vvt adds some unknowns, but specifically is it AFR, timing, both? I was under the impression the Predator just didn't give the person tuning the car the proper granularity to properly adjust everything needed for the cam swap. I'm guessing I'm wrong.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, So I'm assuming that either route is the same. Since I already have a predator I guess I'll just save my money and get an e-mail tune for the cam. Let me ask this (for diablomike), whats the biggest duration @ 0.050 cam that can be run in the vvt hemi until tuning becomes an issue? I've notice that one vendor offers a 193/209 duration cam and another vendor offers up to a 212/216 duration camshaft. Both vendors claim around 30 hp. Wheres the cutoff point ( if there is one) to where extra duration does not = more power? Does the extra duration of the 212 camshaft offer no power benifit over the 193? I really want to cam my car but I dont want to put a bigger cam than the PCM can handel. I really dont car about a lopey idle, I just want to make most power with the least amount of cam. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you 340party, I'm not looking for lopey idle i just want more power. but I'm afraid to even buy a cam. headers don't buy much hp gain alone, but headers + cam + good tune and I'm betting you'd have something nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts