Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I toured the SMS factory today. While talking with everyone I was told they only made 3000 B5 Blue Challengers and only offered in the Classic package but I thought they made the B5 Blue in the SRT8 as well. Can anyone put in their 2 cents on this. They said it's a rare color just like to know the facts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I own a 2010 B5 SRT8. My sticker stated "2010 Spring Special B5". As for rare I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area and only have seen on B5 Classic R/T. I participate in my area LX club and have been to a couple of state gathering and have not seen a B5 SRT to date.

I understood the B5's carried over into 2010 from year end 2009. This was due to the B5 in 2009 getting caught up in the reorg/reductions taken to stay in business. The 2009 numbers are published but starting in 2010 production numbers (by color) are not released.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
:thumbsup:I have a B5 BLUE DODGE CHALLENGER RT And I have one that is a TRUE DODGE CHALLLENGER before that other company bought Dodge they made about 200 of them.Iam glad I have a TRUE DODGE CHALLENGER They told me it will be worth more money then the others Hope everybody enjoys theres:guiness:

·
Registered
335 Posts
:thumbsup:I have a B5 BLUE DODGE CHALLENGER RT And I have one that is a TRUE DODGE CHALLLENGER before that other company bought Dodge they made about 200 of them.Iam glad I have a TRUE DODGE CHALLENGER They told me it will be worth more money then the others Hope everybody enjoys theres:guiness:
What build date would that be

·
Registered
150 Posts

Good luck with that......

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told that they don't make B5 Blue in the SE. I just wish they had solid numbers. I should start a pole and see who has what. The guys that have the RT is it the Classic version?

·
Registered
558 Posts
The original plan was to make a total of 2000 B5 Cars split between Classics and SRTs. They wanted to cash in and copy the iconic color scheme of the Spring Specials from 1970. That plan went to heck in the Spring of 2009. I was one of many sitting on an order for one while speculation raged about what bankruptcy would mean. What it meant was less than 800 total produced and a lot of leftover parts such as seats with blue stitching. Too expensive to let those go to waste....thus the 2010 B5 models were born.

PS. The 2009 numbers were first published to this forum and were later copied by AllPar. :browsmiley:

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
According to Allpar.com...there were 759 2009 B5 Blue Challengers built. I figure roughly the same amount for 2010.
I think they made a hell of a lot more B5 2010's than 2009's.
Our local dealer had 3 B5 Challengers 1 09 SRT 6sp , then a few months later 2 2010's showed up, 1 RT auto, 1 SRT 6sp.

The auto sold and the 2 6sp's sat forever...
With the last 2010 B5 SRT 6sp finally selling in oct for under $39k, while I was waiting for my car to show up.

Note this dealer likely only had a total of 12 Challengers during all of 09/10... low volume dealer yet had 3 B5's
So the 2010's couldn't have been all that scarce....

On the other hand I have yet to see a Yellow Challenger anywhere... either on the road or at a local dealer.
And to date only 1 Plum Crazy.... however several Furious Fuchsia RT's sold in the area.

·
Registered
585 Posts
B5 here too, now isn't that spacial!! :thumbsup: Spring Special, nice color :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
So I toured the SMS factory today. While talking with everyone I was told they only made 3000 B5 Blue Challengers and only offered in the Classic package but I thought they made the B5 Blue in the SRT8 as well. Can anyone put in their 2 cents on this. They said it's a rare color just like to know the facts.
Whoever you talked to has no clue what they are talking about. I own a 2009 B5 Blue 6spd. I also personally know 2 other guys who own the same car. While I would love to believe there are only 153 of them I don't believe it. The numbers posted on allpar are "sales" figures, not "production" numbers, and they are only up to the shutdown. There were many 2009's made after the shutdown.

·
Registered
96 Posts
B5 Production Numbers

OK, based on the my research over the last year and until Chrysler actually decides to get back into the act of releasing production numbers based on color I have estimated that a number close to 1200 B5 Blue R/T Classics were produced for '09 and '10 MY's. Considerably fewer SRT's were produced maybe by a third. My numbers are based on info that was gained in reading excerpts by people who toured the Brampton plant prior to Chrysler's bankruptcy, yes, AllPar, and asking Red Letter Dodge just prior to Chrysler pulling the plug on answering this type of question. I deam AllPar and Red Letter Dodge to be reputable. The source on the internet was at the plant and photoed a holding lot of 255 B5's waiting to be shipped just prior to Chrysler's dilemma. Jiyan Cadiz of Chrysler bandyed about the idea of a year-end release of MY '10 production numbers based on color for all the Challenger fans but to date no such thing has happened. I've been told to quit bothering them at Chrysler about this but maybe someone else might ask Mr. Cadiz if he would try pursuing this.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
:thumbsup:If the build date was by March 15 2009 then that is a True DODGE CHALLENGER And how I found this out is a well know guy that we all know and is a car dealer that all of us trust and believe that what he says:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
:thumbsup:If the build date was by March 15 2009 then that is a True DODGE CHALLENGER And how I found this out is a well know guy that we all know and is a car dealer that all of us trust and believe that what he says:bigthumb:
The cars are built by the same guys at the same factory with the same parts from all the vendors. Nothing is different.

Unless you consider your car a Cerbeus-Capitol Dodge. Or maybe it was Mercedes-AMG Dodge? Cause the REAL Dodge sold out long long time ago.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the interior?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
B5's only came in classic r/t or srt8's, same with the DY, PCP and FF colors. I've never seen an SE with any of the vivid colors. The DY tend to be not quite as in demand as the b5 cars were, and are still on the lots today. I've only seen a couple other yellow cars, i've seen alot more b5 cars than DY. But then again i haven't seen that many of any of the challenger colors driving around, even in a large city of over 1M residents.

·
Registered
206 Posts
:notallthere:

·
Registered
427 Posts
The original plan was to make a total of 2000 B5 Cars split between Classics and SRTs. They wanted to cash in and copy the iconic color scheme of the Spring Specials from 1970. That plan went to heck in the Spring of 2009. I was one of many sitting on an order for one while speculation raged about what bankruptcy would mean. What it meant was less than 800 total produced and a lot of leftover parts such as seats with blue stitching. Too expensive to let those go to waste....thus the 2010 B5 models were born.

PS. The 2009 numbers were first published to this forum and were later copied by AllPar. :browsmiley:

I did not know that...where are the 2010 numbers? I like to see where mine fares :bigthumb:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Since The owners of the original Dodge Brothers sold out in 1925 not many of us own true Dodges......

Looking at things the way you do you own a Mercedes......:(

1 - 20 of 48 Posts