Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the original Goodyear Eagle RSA's went to 31k, this second set is at 30k and I'm shopping. I'm trying to decide whether to go with the RSA's a third time or try the Kuhmo Ecsta 4X. They have a much higher wear rating (420 vs 260) but the same A temperature and traction ratings, also W speed rating vs a V rating. Has anyone run these tires?

·
Registered
23 Posts
*important note*- you cant compare UTQG tread rating from one manufacturer to another. It can only be directly compared within one manufacturer due to the variance of each manufacturer "test results" As for those two tires RSA is a pretty good tire but are typically expensive in the 20 inch size. Based on the 2 you have inquired about, Tire Sniffer :: Tires
the ecsta 4x I would go with. Will be cheaper too.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I'm surprised anyone willingly buys Goodyears, no offense. :) I've never had a good OEM Goodyear tire, some have worn well but had horrible traction/noise. I've always replaced them as soon as possible.

No question, I'd go with Kumho. Or Nitto. Or Michelin. :)

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I would go with the Yokohama yk580 tires. I bought 4 of them from Discount tire (discount tire exclusive) so that's what I would do.

·
Registered
60 Posts
On the topic of Goodyears, I haven't heard anything (good or bad) about the RSA2's but spec-wise they seem to be better than the RSAs and not much more expensive.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have 12k on my Motivos and so far they're holding up pretty well. No way I'm getting 60k out of the them though. I think you'll like them from a performance standpoint over the RSA's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts