Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over the weekend I traded my TorRed A8 Scat Pack for a new '17 Go Mango Scat Pack Shaker 392 M6. I got a great deal, and very nice trade value, on a car over the boarder in GA. I had been considering a Go Mango Hellcat (decided to save some $) and even a T/A 392, but I really wanted a shaker car and it had to be orange (I loved my '13 Hemi Orange R/T) and a 6 speed.

I'm not trying to turn this into a manual vs auto thread. I've owned both now and was a huge advocate for which ever one I owned at the time. I think the A8 is the best auto I've ever driven. I just really missed banging gears and constantly being engaged in the driving process. I know the A8 is faster but I personally really enjoy manually shifting my Muscle Cars with a clutch.

The second I pulled away shifting gears and watching the Shaker scoop move with each shift, I knew I made the right decision and couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Fun little road trip back to FL. Here are some pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Congrats on the new car. It is very nice looking and that is a great color though I think HEMI orange is great too. Nice summary on the auto verses manual and I feel the same way... My Stingray was an A8 and I could do 0-60's in four flat all day. Shifted oh shit fast in D...But after a few times it quickly became meh...4.0... lol Now my Manual Challenger I can do 4.5-4.6 but I can also do 6.0 lol...Regardless of the time I get, when I pull off a nice run with a good launch and shift clean I feel much more involved to the point that I had a little something to do with it lol...more of a team effort so there is satisfaction in that and an accompanying grin to go with it. Honestly a 4.6 in a stick shift boat like Challenger is better than a 4.0 in a stealthy lightweight automatic Stingray for sure. :)

enjoy the new car...

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Beautiful! I whole heartedly agree with you on the manual tranny. I'm not going to win any races mainly because I don't race, but the sheer joy of being an integral part of the machine just can't be beat.

Enjoy that beast...

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful! Mind if I ask what kind of deal you were able to get?
I got 20% off sticker. Can't complain with that. Dealers are motivated to get the '17s off the lots since the '18s will arrive soon. One dealership in town still has a white leftover '16 392 Shaker I seriously considered. I would prefer a '17 in case I had to trade it ('16 worth even less once you drive it off the lot) and I really wanted Go Mango.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Go mango with black stripes is so eye catching. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Beautiful car, great choice. When the urge to row your own is in your blood, it never comes out. You can only suppress it so much. That orange really pops, and I love the combo of the tail stripe with the shaker. To me it works much better than the shaker stripe on the hood and roof, but that's just my opinion. Congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Over the weekend I traded my TorRed A8 Scat Pack for a new '17 Go Mango Scat Pack Shaker 392 M6. I got a great deal, and very nice trade value, on a car over the boarder in GA. I had been considering a Go Mango Hellcat (decided to save some $) and even a T/A 392, but I really wanted a shaker car and it had to be orange (I loved my '13 Hemi Orange R/T) and a 6 speed.

I'm not trying to turn this into a manual vs auto thread. I've owned both now and was a huge advocate for which ever one I owned at the time. I think the A8 is the best auto I've ever driven. I just really missed banging gears and constantly being engaged in the driving process. I know the A8 is faster but I personally really enjoy manually shifting my Muscle Cars with a clutch.

The second I pulled away shifting gears and watching the Shaker scoop move with each shift, I knew I made the right decision and couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Fun little road trip back to FL. Here are some pics...

Congrats on the new ride! That color is really awesome! I guess your experience shows that there's something unique to either transmission. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Congrats man! Car looks great! I agree, the M6 trans is a lot of fun to drive for sure! I went the opposite way, had an M6 before and got an A8 this time around. I like both transmissions, both great in their own way. Glad you got the car you really wanted, just can't beat an orange Challenger!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,027 Posts
Congrats looks great. Orange w/ black, Red w/black, White w/ black all look great (notice the common thread :D ). Enjoy it :thumbsup:

A Guy

1 - 20 of 34 Posts