Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2013 SRT8 July 3rd, it had 7500 miles so I assume the back seat didn't get much use. I enjoy driving it a lot more than previous owner. So when the passenger seat needs to move forward for back seat access, the upper part tilts frontward fine but then the bottom is very difficult to make slide forward. What lube should I use and where should I apply it to get this seat move more easily?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I bought my 2013 SRT8 July 3rd, it had 7500 miles so I assume the back seat didn't get much use. I enjoy driving it a lot more than previous owner. So when the passenger seat needs to move forward for back seat access, the upper part tilts frontward fine but then the bottom is very difficult to make slide forward. What lube should I use and where should I apply it to get this seat move more easily?
Driver side seat is powered and will not move forward/backwards freely.

Ideally, you want to have your rear passengers entry/egress the back seats from the front passenger side seat, which is not powered.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
How are you trying to move the seat forward? There is a long bar front and below the seat cushion that you need to pull up on before the seat moves forward. I would hope your seat tracks don't need any lube.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
How are you trying to move the seat forward? There is a long bar front and below the seat cushion that you need to pull up on before the seat moves forward. I would hope your seat tracks don't need any lube.
all he needs to do is lift the rear seatback release - fold seatback and push forward. No need to mess with the seat adjuster.

The '11 up have that mechanism as compared to the '08 - '10- which had the small release lever...that version took a bit more effort.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all he needs to do is lift the rear seatback release - fold seatback and push forward. No need to mess with the seat adjuster.

The '11 up have that mechanism as compared to the '08 - '10- which had the small release lever...that version took a bit more effort.
Like Hal H said, there is a lever high up on the seat that you pull forward so the seat back tilts forward, then the seat bottom slides up without touching the seat adjuster bar.

It's almost like an engineer thought ahead and said "Wouldnt it be great if you pulled a lever forward and the seat back folded forward then the entire seat slid up so people could get in back, then you'd pull on the seat back and it would rotate and lock in the first upright position, then the seat bottom would slide back to what ever position is comfortable for the back seat occupant! And all this would work without touching the front seat adjuster bar or leaving the guy in front with his chest against the dashboard."

Thats pretty much how mine seems to work except the sliding seat bottom is very stiff. Some kind of lube here might make this work smoothly but am asking what kind of lube?

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
a multi-purpose lithium grease would probably work and not too messy / thick like some other grease can be.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Can't imagine why yours would be sooo hard to pull forward; UNLESS you aren't pulling the upper handle.
It lube needed, would recommend a Silicone spray.
Mine is a 2011 with 40K now, and is easy as pumpkin pie.....smooooth going in, and coming out!
>:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts