Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is already a thread, I can't find info anywhere pertaining to what I need answered.
Want to install a backup camera on my 2016 Challenger. I'm aware that there is a harness in the trunk already to do so. Also plan on using either the Navtool or Naviks interface to connect to the Uconnect screen. What I cant get clear answers on are this. The pinouts of the trunk harness. I've seen some reference to the camera getting power the harness, as it seems to do so in stock factory units, others say I still need to tap either into battery power and the interface will turn it on in reverse, others say I have to get power from the reverse light. So not really sure.

So if any one done an actual install using Navtool or Naviks, could you kindly explain how the camera hooks up to the harness? Or I should say connects as I'm sure it will be spliced in.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Might not be the exact answer you are looking for but I added a back up camera to my 2013 Dodge Charger. I purchased the entire third brake light that had the camera and trunk release installed. Changed out the light and plugged into the connector that was installed from the factory in the trunk liner. From there, I took it to a dealership and had them flash the system to recognize the added back up. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts