Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealership today and turned my radio off so they wouldn't see I had a lockpick. When I left I noticed when I backed out the camera picture showed up even with the radio off. Is my Lockpick bad or do they all do that?
Thanks for any inputs,
Rick

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
LMAO...they all do that bro and you can even turn it on while your driving also have you watched dvd's while driving yet...don't worry the lock pick won't void the warranty actually with the star scan tool you could make the dvd player functional fyi

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, I read on here before that a lockpick would void the warrany and that's why I turn it off at the dealership but never noticed it really wasn't off.
I really like the camera idea and I have heard you can use the DVD when driving but haven't tried it yet. I Will most likely in April going to Challenger fest. 10 hours each way will give us lots of time to play with stuff

·
Registered
464 Posts
I use the DVD in motion all the time when the kids are in the car, works great. I have had the camera come on for no reason at all lately. Now the backup camera won't come on at all. Nothing with the car has been changed. I never really noticed how much I refer to the camera when backing out of a parking spot, I need to get this thing working again!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the DVD in motion all the time when the kids are in the car, works great. I have had the camera come on for no reason at all lately. Now the backup camera won't come on at all. Nothing with the car has been changed. I never really noticed how much I refer to the camera when backing out of a parking spot, I need to get this thing working again!
My camera still works fine, hopefully you just have a bad connection or something. The only reason I was worried abou it comming on with the radio off was back in sep. when I got it someone on here told me "make sure you turn that thing off when you go to the dealership". they most likely didn't even have one and were just blowing smoke up my butt. I really don't know why people do that but it happens.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Challengers have a back up camera?

·
Registered
399 Posts
So next question, what is a lockpick?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No really it makes it so that you can do all the things the safety people won't let you do with your nav system. Like update places your going looking thru u[pcomming places while driving and watching DVDs in motion. It also gives you an interface for front and rear cameras. I think the rear camera is really needed on our cars. I'll find the site for you. They explain it better.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got it on EBAY. Alot of vendors on there have them new pay for it now. You need to get the kit with the camera but if it's a 11 you might want to make sure it will work with your nav system. I heard that some of the new nav systems were made by a diferrent company than before. You might want to call coastaletech ahead of time and find out for sure. I'm sure they make one for it but hate to see you get something you can't use. You can buy them right off that link I gave you but it's most likely more expensive. good luck and if you have any problems after you get it just let me know.
Rick

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I got my camera from the coastal tech site. At least they aren't sold out of the license plate mounts now. Not sure what warranty the dealer would void for a lockpick...the stereo? if you take it in for stereo repairs, unhook the harness. Takes 5 minutes. My dealers never said anything about my lockpick, or the camera other than it looks great where i put it. Only thing i worry about the warranty with is the predator tune, and i'd fix that before taking it in. I'll have to check the stereo off situation, i'll be driving it tomorrow, i'll check then.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have an email from diablosport Inc, saying their preditor does not void the man warranty if you want a copy of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts