Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to put a backup camera on my R/T but I don't have MyGig or the nav system, so a Lockpick won't work. I don't want to have a tacky monitor stuck to my windshield or perched on top of my dashboard and don't want to replace the radio head with an aftermarket unit. This leaves the systems that replace the rearview mirror with one that contains a monitor.

Has anyone installed such a system on their Challenger? If so, was it a difficult installation? Where did you mount the camera?

And finally, does anyone in the Atlanta area know where I could get something like this installed, in case I decide I don't want to tackle this myself?

Thanks, folks.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I don't have one but there are some on like buy.com. I don't think that there would be a big enough view for me and I don't see how you could hide all the wires but they do make them.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I have. I used wireless cameras front and back. The 7 inch monitor is using a cup holder mount. I ran wire under the console into the glove box where I made all of the connections.

Issues:

1. Monitor positioning is problematic. Still playing with it. The mount works well, but the monitor can interfere with the gear shift. In terms of looks it beats a dash or vent mount.

2. Sacrificed a lot of space in the glove box but worth it to me so I have easy access to all of the wiring.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts