Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else installed this camera, and can you tell me how to wire it up. I am using a PAC-BCI-CH21 module from Pac Audio. Thanks allot.

https://www.amazon.com/Forester-Outback-Impreza-Reverse-Waterproof/dp/B00ADHZWIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489111735&sr=8-1&keywords=subaru+forester+backup+camera

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm using the PAC-BCI-CH21 to activate the camera within the Hellcat spoiler I installed on my 2014.

Red: to PAC harness "Camera Power" wire
Black: to any ground
Yellow RCA: to PAC harness "Camera" RCA plug (includes integrated camera shield wire)

To make the connection between the camera and PAC harness you'll need to purchase a trigger wire cable longer than that shown in the photo. The RCA cable in the photo appears to be of sufficient length. I was right around 23 ft. total when routing my harness along that of the main body harness and up and around the passenger airbag with the factory harnesses.

Reactions: 221321

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why did you need a trigger wire? I thought the PAC Module is what told the car when it was in reverse.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The PAC module does control the camera automatically when in Reverse (no need to tap into the backup light wire or anything), but you still need to make the three connections--one to power the camera when triggered by the module, one to complete the ground, and the other to feed the camera image to the radio (of which also contains the shield wire), all of which are labelled on the PAC harness. Firmware updates are on the PAC website (BCI Firmware Update - Download your file). Once connected, everything is automatic. Make sure DIP switches 1 and 2 are down ("on") and you cut the loop wire as indicated in the instructions.

Reactions: Infamousbox

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha, now I am understanding what you are telling me. How and when do you need to update the PAC module? Again, thanks for all the info. Still waiting on some parts to come in, hate ordering from China.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The module can be updated using a micro USB cable connected to a computer. The update link I provided contains all the instructions. You can install the module without updating, however, the new firmware may contain critical updates depending on when your module was manufactured.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would recommend doing so.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updated Pac module. It said update complete, and Pac module light started blinking red. Hopefully the module is ready to go.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The "update complete" signals a successful update. The single flashing red light indicates "No CAN communication with vehicle"; this is because the module is receiving input from your computer and not the vehicle module. Status light indications are outlined on page 4 of the instructions. You're all set for the install.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Looks great! Glad to hear it all worked out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks great. glad you were able to find all the info...I not familiar with PAC module but you gotta love the camera fit in tag light hole...clean

1 - 20 of 26 Posts