Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about someone trying to retrofit some of the 2011 features into a legacy model like a 2010 or 2009?

1) Driver's Seat: I assume plug-and-play, since the only addition is the quick-release lever.

2) Trunk button: Does this require the passive entry system like the doors? Or would I be able to simply wire the button into the existing trunk harness?

3) Passive entry door handles: Again, does this require a new module of some kind, have to change an entire computer, require new key fobs, etc? Or would it be simply wiring up the new door handles?

4) Auto climate control: Would this require a module, or simply plug-and-play?

5) Garmin NAV: Change out for the RER MyGig easily? Or wiring difficulty?

If these are easy upgrades that simply require drilling/cutting/wiring and new parts, I'm up for upgrading my Plum. If not, looks like I'll be upgrading to the 6.4L and going with Green With Envy.

Look forward to your input.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What do you guys think about someone trying to retrofit some of the 2011 features into a legacy model like a 2010 or 2009?

1) Driver's Seat: I assume plug-and-play, since the only addition is the quick-release lever.
I know this one has already been answered somewhere on this forum, and it's a no. The quick release lever is not the only change. The seats add active head restraints, and have side airbags (not sure if that part's new or not). The wiring harness is not the same at least because of the head restraints.

Don't know about the rest.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, good call. Also saw a "redesign" of the power seat buttons. Might be rewired as well. Thanks for the response!

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
dammit, the seat is a major annoyance in a vehicle of this price class and would have been the one 'upgrade' that would have interested me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
2011 features in 2009

I too would be interested in the new 2011 features for my 09, I wonder if it's just a matter of time for someone to come up with the needed stuff to make some of the upgrades work in an 09. I would really like to install the 2011 steering wheel.
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
574 Posts
id be interested in the steering wheel as well. i love that my seat doesnt have a quick release, when ppl r in my back seat ask me to get out my side, i just tell em they have to get out the other side and shut my door lol

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Not sure what you mean - the wiring harness for the 2011 seat has been changed - apparently it's not compatible with 2010 and older Challengers
That doesn't mean an adapter is impossible.
Perhaps not all the features can be enabled, but it will probably at least physically bolt in. I'm sure you can still get power for motion and heat with an adapter.

·
Registered
6 Posts

4) Auto climate control: Would this require a module, or simply plug-and-play?
This is the one I'm interested in. Anyone tried this to know if a new module will plug and play or have wiring and vacuum diagrams to see the difference in the 2011 Auto Climate Controls and the 2010 Manual Climate Controls?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts