Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Received my set of Seibon CF side skirts that I ordered from a vendor called 3t e-shop. It didn't take me long to notice that one of the skirts had a half inch crack in it and both appeared to be scuffed in areas. Did I receive someones returned used crap? Just for giggles I took one out to my R/T & noticed the rivet mounting holes didn't line up with the factory, fit & finish horrible... I ran to the phone and contacted the vendor only to be told that due to policy they do not except returns neither will Seibon. So I just got bucked for $$$$$$.... Buyer beware.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Good info. I'd read a post quite some time ago about these - the poster had managed to install them, but also mentioned problems with the holes and such lining up properly, some of the fabrication he had to do to get them to fit, etc. He also said the measurements were a little off. His pics of the installs (he did the rocker panels an the rear valance) did look good, but he noted how difficult the installs were and how that was made even more difficult by measurements and mounting holes being less than correct.

I had thought something like this would look much nicer than the plastic trim around the bottom of the car - but reading the detailed install posts back then was discouraging, especially given what these cost - the "no return policy" is (IMO) even more discouraging; in fact pretty much seals a "no go" from my perspective. Just plain wrong if you recieve bad or damaged merchandise to not be able to return it for a refund. Darn unfortunate you got juiced by these folks - but, many thanks for giving us all a "head's up."

·
Registered
244 Posts
Seller's have a duty to sell an item that has a warranty of fitness. However, the crack can be easily something the shipping company did and they can argue that the sale of the item was described as something you may need to alter to fit your vehicle. Also, you can't generally make a claim with the carrier as you aren't the party that shipped the item. You can try, but the carrier may say that you didn't pay them directly and they only have a contract of carriage with the company that paid them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sounds like a ****ty company. I wouldn't use them.

Damaged/Lost Items
All items purchased from 3TeShop.com web site are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. We are not responsible or liable for items that you receive that is damaged by the shipping carrier such as UPS, FedEx, or the US Post Office. Upon delivery of the items please inspect the product boxes; if they are damaged refuse the delivery or report the damaged items to the shipping carrier and request the carrier to investigate and inspect the damaged items and send 3TeShop a copy of the inspection report. It is imperative that you request the carrier to contact 3TeShop at 626-369-2222. Do not install or use if items have physical damage when it's received. 3TeShop shall under no circumstances be liable for special, incidental, or consequential damage, including loss of profit, when using, installing, or operating items purchased by customer.

Return of Product Purchased at 3TeShop
All sales are final at 3TeShop.com web site. There will be absolutely NO REFUNDS. All orders in transit cannot be cancelled. In case a manufacturing defect is found or you have received an incorrect item, we will provide a replacement or exchange for incorrect items, but all manufacture defective items must be forwarded to original manufacturer for warranty return. (Returned items will be on an exchange only basis.) Requests for replacement or exchanges are only allowed within 5 days of delivery date. Return authorization is required from 3TeShop for any returned items, and can be obtained by calling us at 626-369-2222. Please contact us prior to returning any items. Otherwise the return will be void. Each item must be returned in the original condition as it was sent. Include all original material sent with the item. Damaged goods due to client negligence will not be accepted. C.O.D. shipments will not be accepted.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Just an alternative to anyone looking to do this mod. You can easily get a CF wrap and apply them to your stock side skirts still have the same look as the carbon fiber and won't have to worry about any issues with holes not lining up or cracks and for the added bonus save hundreds of dollars in the process.

Food for thought for anyone looking to go that route. Its something you don't get super close to anyway so alluding to the look may actually be better than losing $$$ in your case which is unfortunate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts