Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you do if you took your car for routine service checkup to a dealer (that shall remain unnamed) and they record that your brake pads were inspected and are in good condition when they are actually almost completely worn out? Obviously I won't be going back there but should I make a big stink about it? I mean it's not something like forgetting to top up the wiper fluid, it's brakes which can mean life or death. It also raises the issue of what else are they NOT checking?

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Screw the lawsuit-that's what's wrong with this country. Get back on track and bring it to the service managers attention and let him/her realize these are the people that they are being judged through. Shouldn't have happened. They are just pencil whipping the form and not looking at the car. Bunch of b!!w jobs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Pretty much sumed up my experience today lol
What would you do if you took your car for routine service checkup to a dealer (that shall remain unnamed) and they record that your brake pads were inspected and are in good condition when they are actually almost completely worn out? Obviously I won't be going back there but should I make a big stink about it? I mean it's not something like forgetting to top up the wiper fluid, it's brakes which can mean life or death. It also raises the issue of what else are they NOT checking?

·
Registered
151 Posts
yes let the manager know ! and no don't go hitting anyone. someone needs more school. :) sometimes management has no clue other than the remarks the customers leave.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
SRT8FTW so you took your car to the dealer knowing the brakes were "almost completely worn out" did you tell the service advisor? or was this a test of Integrity? If i knew the brakes were bad I would of instructed them to check the brakes because i think there worn out, that way they could have quoted you the cost to replace them and give you that option to have them done there or done by yourself.

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
That's surprising. The service tech must not have looked at the brakes. From my experience, dealers are always ready to tell you that you need new brakes so that they can service your car and make a nice profit.

I would complain to the service manager and find another dealer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I assumed the brake pads were low but did not mention it to them as the owner's manual listed it as one of the things to be inspected during that checkup. I don't feel I should need to remind them to check that. I understand the point that it could have saved me some time if I had told them to check.

I will report it to the service manager but I don't think there's anything that he could tell me that would make me go back there. I have a feeling that if I ran this "test" with the other (poorly rated) dealers in the area, they would probably fail too.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
In my experience they generally don't tell you your brakes are bad unless they would fail a State Safety Inspection. They make a lot more money if they get to replace Scorched Rotors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts