Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
No Cash is in my head. Friday night discussion resulted in pizza, beer, wine, and the decision to call our attorney Monday to proceed on day 31 and even talk to them on our behalf at this point. We are in Ohio, and are number 5 in the country for favorable results. If this were a standard issue car, possibly. But the options are a full buy back or another car just like it, black will do fine. Our info has been from the dealer, case worker hasn’t called us and when he does, he isn’t pleasant. They Can speak to my lawyers going forward. @Cabdriver....yes, there are good lemon law attorneys. That’s all this group does. They have a ridiculous success record in Court and arbitration against Ford and other big boys with less cut and dry cases. One case did drag out for 2 years against Ford, however, they won double the price of the truck plus expenses, all paid within 6 months. It doesn’t have to go his route. This seems to be the nomenclature of Dodge’s business structure and customer service communication. Take the car, reimburse me all lost, Or find another one, or possibly, let’s play make a deal on something different. Just communicate and pretend to give a damn. I’ve enjoyed this forum and thanks for all your opinions and advice. I’ll keep you updated.

·
Super Moderator
15,559 Posts
Not me. You said you were almost to the 30 day point. I'd tell them "not acceptable for a 200 mile car". If it were me I would not answer them yet, wait for the 30 day period and start the lemon law process.
I guess it comes down to @Biscuits wants to do - there's not likely any more Mopar '19s unsold - only 90 were in the 'states.

The closest thing would be getting a Scat Pack 392 Shaker and ordering with the Shakedown stripe, but its only in black not Mopar (r) blue stripes as was in the package.

The strut braces and hood pins can be ordered - as well as door sill plates.

The items unique to the M '19 package (seats w/ logo, package floormats and the IP panel vent badge are what you forgo.

So its negotiate a buy-back and get another car or get the new engine and move on with it.

A warranty replacement engine (as a buyer) wouldn't bother me as would a major collision repair. FCA will ship a complete longblock engine to the dealer.

I had a friend with a new '12 R/T have a valve spring break and dropped a valve - FCA replaced the entire engine and everything went flawlessly.

·
Super Moderator
15,559 Posts
I think a 50th anniversary SPS might be a nice replacement.
except those aren't offered in White Knuckle or Pitch Black - only in the specific colors
Torred
Go Mango
F8 Green
Frost Bite
Sinamon Stick
Hellraisen
Gold Rush

the Mopar '19 that Biscuits has was only in White Knuckle or Pitch Black and they indicated Pitch Black is a preference for color

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is true. I have seen one in Go Mango and it was beautiful. She may consider another color to get a 50th, or maybe not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
@Rocket Man totally agree! As to color..I like almost all of them but lean toward the darker colors on this car, and silver as preference. This Mopar ‘19 was only available to find in white, which is fine. If I had to choose the 50th colors....maybe gold and sinamon?!? I keep looking at the hellraisen tho, not sure. What do you think? Looks like they are carrying some of those colors to their regular line as well. I read somewhere they thought the gold would be the color to have in the future. In the pics...it looks kinda greenish to me...could just be me. I have a Walter Chrysler edition mini van that is still going strong in white. She’s almost 11 years old with only 80k miles. I think I would fight someone over that van! I bought it as utility with the seats folding flat into the floor. My family had a flower shop for years and I loaded it with floral arrangements, Then band kids, now college stuff. She has been handy this month after losing both challengers. No rental car offered, which I didn’t fight since I had wheels.

·
Registered
105 Posts
what do I think? I think you have a good attitude about it and that you are going to end up with a beautiful car whatever you choose. Color is so subjective. I traded a B5 Charger RT for my white w/black and a red interior SPS. When I was looking I wanted B5 again or Go Mango, but got the exact car I wanted (except the color) for such an incredible price that I went for it. Now that I have the white w black accents I am not sorry i settled. Nothing looks as good as a clean and shiny black car, but having owned a Buick GN for almost 20 years and a black Dakota RT for 5 more, I could never own another black car. I wash my cars once or twice a week, but to me owning a black car is a full time occupation.
My choices? When I trade up to Hellcat (soon I think) I am considering in this order...Frostbite, Go Mango or TorRed.
There really are no bad choices. Sinamon Stick and Hell Raisin also look good in pics. Haven't seen any in person yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Awww, thanks. Amen on the black work. My trade in was black with the red leather and pinstripe and it worked me to death! Sooo gangster looking for about 30 seconds, then dust. I actually kept a California duster in the trunk. I’m glad you got what you wanted. Your white and black is SWEET. Love the rims too! Red leather was my fave part of old blackie. Harder to find in the newer ones. Sounds to me like you are a blue guy at heart💙

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yep, blue is my color. Best of luck with your negotiations. In a perfect world there should be no question what should happen, you should get a buy back and a sweet deal on a new one. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
19 scat pack triple nickel
113 Posts
Biscuits,
Best of luck in your situation. If you really like your special edition, you plan on keeping it a long time, and can get comfortable with a new engine, I wouldn't worry about the value, if you think you will enjoy it. I have a special edition Jeep and really glad I chose it. Yes, most features, are add ons that anyone can buy...however the unique features such as the color, seat material, badging, make it stand out on why you bought it in the first place. Hopefully, they will give you time to make a decision, since you have been waiting on them. If you decide not to keep it and can be patient Mopar does come out with frequent special editions that may interest you such as 50th anniversary edition.

·
Super Moderator
15,559 Posts
@Biscuits

99425359_2692429747704273_8747338112536936448_o.jpg
Here's a Hellraisen Challenger - its a deeper color. Think Octane Red, but with more purple / plum tone

All of the '20 colors are available across the model lines - it appears that Gold Rush is restricted to just the 50th Anniv models.

On the configurator, it only shows up on those 50th Anniv. models, not on the others

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,763 Posts
Best case if it was me and my car, warranty drop in a new engine, and let me keep the original block as compensation.
I'd make a table out of it or something like they did on Top Gear.
SOmething like this

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
@Biscuits

View attachment 994744 Here's a Hellraisen Challenger - its a deeper color. Think Octane Red, but with more purple / plum tone

All of the '20 colors are available across the model lines - it appears that Gold Rush is restricted to just the 50th Anniv models.

On the configurator, it only shows up on those 50th Anniv. models, not on the others
SWEET!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Best case if it was me and my car, warranty drop in a new engine, and let me keep the original block as compensation.
I'd make a table out of it or something like they did on Top Gear.
SOmething like this
LOL..I do like that..maybe not in the living room tho. Family room, dart board, pool table and bar..lol

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 Hemi Crew Cab. Granite Crystal Metallic. Some mods.
2 Posts
@Biscuits

View attachment 994744 Here's a Hellraisen Challenger - its a deeper color. Think Octane Red, but with more purple / plum tone

That's what I want in a Shaker or T/A. I started looking in Dec 2019, but for one reason or another (lack of inventory, covid19, etc, it hasn't happened). I really wanted B5 Blue and still would be my choice if it was available. But that Hellraisen looks killer. Thanks for posting a decent picture.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts