Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting about 3 recalls done on my challenger gas mileage is about 3X worse then before. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,182 Posts
Hmm, first post ever, my guess, bait. Best case, averaging 21 with a good mix of highway, and now getting 7?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the paperwork they only replaced the Evaporative Emissions Canister. But I cant see how that would ruin my gas mileage if anything it should probably help it. And it's a 2015 dodge challenger rt plus shaker

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,400 Posts
I just received a recall notice for fuel canister replacement today in the mail for my 2015 SRT. I’ll be following this to see if there is any more info floating around on this. It appears to be 2015 model year specific.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,172 Posts
Did they perform a PCM flash? I have a 2015 RT and I have only seen one recall per the mopar connect site. Is it an SRT thing? I know they had a recall for the fuel line/plumbing but that was back in like late 2015.

Is this part of the emissions recall on CND challengers?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Not sure if it is SRT specific. The OP has an RT so it doesn’t appear that it is. The recall says that the Evap Canister needs replacing to meet emission standards. Additionally, it is required that the completion paperwork be submitted to the DMV next time the registration comes due.

·
Registered
460 Posts
After getting about 3 recalls done on my challenger gas mileage is about 3X worse then before. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem?
I just received a recall notice for fuel canister replacement today in the mail for my 2015 SRT. I’ll be following this to see if there is any more info floating around on this. It appears to be 2015 model year specific.
I have a 2015 Hellcat and I got that notice too. It refers to regulations in California. I don’t live in California so should I really care?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I have a 2015 Hellcat and I got that notice too. It refers to regulations in California. I don’t live in California so should I really care?
You might live in a state that signs on for CA emissions/gas rules/regulations.

Even if you don't as it is the car is not in compliance with the federal government and its emissions laws.

It is not known to me how closely this recall will be monitored -- if it will even be monitored -- and what if any penalty there is for not having the car in to have this recall applied.

The recall notice along with the letter Dodge sends out might touch upon this but I don't have the recall notice nor the letter handy.

Actually in the Canada notice it states the vehicle must be repaired because it is in non-compliance. I do not know what the consequences are if it is not repaired.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,172 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I thought there were cars that met federal emissions requirements and those that also met CA? I had an infiniti that met CA emissions but there was a version that met federal.
Do not recall the time line now, but some years back there were cars which were 48 state compliant and then those that were CARB compliant.

For "CA" cars there was a CARB sticker somewhere in the engine compartment attesting to the fact the car was CARB compliant. I seem to recall there was a $100 charge for the CARB sticker supposedly to cover the cost of CARB compliance.

At some point automakers just made all cars CARB compliant. My 2002 Boxster bought in Merriam KS had a CARB sticker.

It is this that is the sore point with CA spec'ing even tighter mileage and emissions requirements.

Automakers probably aren't willing to abandon the CA auto market so they have to make CA compliant cars and then cars that are compliant in the other states. It is not econmically feasible to do this so the expectation is automakers will make all cars CA compliant, but this raises the price of all cars. Car buyers in other states pay for the cost of automakers making CA compliant cars.

And CA is tightening the mileage/emissions rules to drive the sale of electric cars in at least CA. Already buyers of ICE cars in all other states help subsidize the electric car market in CA -- really the only state where there is any real electric car market -- in part thanks to virtue signaling Hollywood twits.

I'm sure the good people of the other states enjoy overpaying for ICE vehicles so Hollywood virtue signaling twits can buy an electric car below cost, in addition to getting a federal subsidy (your tax dollars at work!).

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
My notice states that I will not be able to renew the registration if the repair is not completed. That may be a California thing only though....not sure.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,849 Posts
I believe this is an EPA recall, not a California thing. Federal emissions

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,172 Posts
According to that FCA list I think you are right.

UB4 FEDERAL EMISSIONS UB4 PHASE 1 - 2014-2016MY LX VAPOR CAN 2014 - 16 - LX 7/16/2019 7/16/2019 CERGUB41AA

1 - 20 of 27 Posts