Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,392 Posts
Here’s a retry. By the way, I’m not saying this isn’t an EPA recall. I’m just showing what additional things are in place for California owners.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,717 Posts
That notice itself is for CA, but the recall is a Federal recall ;) I agree, that notice is for California only though

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,717 Posts
Yes, I'm agreeing with you ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
460 Posts
So, after a lot of discussion, some related and some unrelated, can anyone answer the OP question? Has anyone seen a reduction in gas mileage after accomplishing the recall?

In addition, I have another question. Is this just a hardware change with the accompanying required leak test which is done by hooking up to the cars computer, or is there some kind of reprogramming or reflash taking place at the same time the computerized leak check is being done?

My assumption is that if it’s just a hardware change with a leak check alone we will see no change of any kind. However, if the cars computer is reflashed at the same time with new programming, we really have no guarantee or control of the effects.

Living in WA and not in a county with emissions testing I have no negative consequences if I choose not to do this recall, even when I need to re-register or decide to sell the car. So compliance for me is essentially voluntary and can not be enforced.

Any thoughts on the two questions at the top?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,131 Posts
So, after a lot of discussion, some related and some unrelated, can anyone answer the OP question? Has anyone seen a reduction in gas mileage after accomplishing the recall?

In addition, I have another question. Is this just a hardware change with the accompanying required leak test which is done by hooking up to the cars computer, or is there some kind of reprogramming or reflash taking place at the same time the computerized leak check is being done?

My assumption is that if it’s just a hardware change with a leak check alone we will see no change of any kind. However, if the cars computer is reflashed at the same time with new programming, we really have no guarantee or control of the effects.

Living in WA and not in a county with emissions testing I have no negative consequences if I choose not to do this recall, even when I need to re-register or decide to sell the car. So compliance for me is essentially voluntary and can not be enforced.

Any thoughts on the two questions at the top?
It is a hardware change. Evap canister is replaced with this one.

Since the OP had other recalls and was not sure if the PCM was flashed for other reasons it is possible that the dealership might have flashed or disconnected the battery thereby erasing the adapts stored by the PCM. This could result in the engine running a little rich until it relearns the LT fuel trims again.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts