Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my girl is back at the dealer. For what I thought was going to be instrument cluster #7. http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f188/instrument-cluster-issue-489065/?highlight= No more flickers or black spots but the fuel gauge stops before the full mark. The dealer called last night and says good news, it's not the cluster. The bad news, we think it's the gas tank. $2000!!!! Glad I bought the extended warranty (runs out in 50 miles). Awaiting the call this am that it's been approved.......

I planned on keeping this car forever but starting to think it's time to let her roll on :( :( :(

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Hmmmm, "bad gas tank?" Not sure what the dealer means by this.

I had the same gas guage issue on my '10, and it was a bad sending unit, which is part of the pump. It got replaced, and all was well. Best of luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmmmm, "bad gas tank?" Not sure what the dealer means by this.

I had the same gas gauge issue on my '10, and it was a bad sending unit, which is part of the pump. It got replaced, and all was well. Best of luck and keep us posted
I was thinking the sender also but he's talking about some sort of check valve that's not replaceable. They say tank not filling all the way...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I called the dealer since they haven't called me back with an update. My CN warranty approved a new tank to be installed. Might be here tomorrow. Might be 3-5 days. *SIGH* I hate the service guy I'm used to dealing with left, this new one is less than helpful ......

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still waiting .......

Guess I'm the Lone Ranger here ... no one else has had a tank issue.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Day 9, no joy. Differing stories. Going to the dealer when I get out of work at noon. I hate it when people make me show my ass!!
*SIGH* and *GRRRRR*

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Day 11 and still no car. Saw my girl on the lift. Gas tank, driveshaft, and exhaust out. New gas tank is at the dealership. Waiting on The CN warranty nerd to show up and give his blessing to install it. Back asswards crap. Authorized the repair, then after the tank arrived they decide they need to verify it's the issue.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Good Lordy, that's nuts.

Waiting for the part this long is bad enough, and this is just adding insult to injury.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm done boys and girls. I was considering a white Scat Pack on the lot but not after this BS. May just take her by Carmax when it's fixed.......

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
I can understand your frustration with this repair and Dodge.

All that I can say is that I have just shy of 19k trouble free miles on my SP, in a little over a year and a half. These newer Challengers seem like totally different cars, and build quality is a step above the pre '15's.

Enormous fun factor too.

Best of luck deciding your next ride.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Praise the LORD!!! Warranty nerd has come and gone and gave his blessing. She is being put back together!!!!!

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Good deal.

I remember how pissed I was pre P01 about the silence of the TC issue. The P01 was finally started, but I had a very bad taste in my mouth about Dodge overall. Still loved my R/TC, but said that I would never buy another Dodge.

A few years later.........................well, you know the story, and I'm as happy as can be with my Scat Pack! :)

Glad that they're getting your sweetheart back together, and when you pick it up, test drive that Scat Pack in Sport Mode. All will be better! LOL

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Coming up on halfway thru day 14. Work was approved over 24 hours ago and no call. This is a 2-3 hour reassembly/test drive job. I have a BAD feeling the tank didn't fix the issue and they are scrambling....

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Couldn't stand it any longer. Called a few minutes ago and was told almost ready for the test ride/tank fill up. I calmly as I could stated that if my car wasn't fixed today I expected a loaner vehicle delivered to me in the morning. I was told they hoped it wouldn't be needed but they would do that....

·
Registered
863 Posts
I am hoping all goes well for you!

Tom.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts