Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Challenger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi. The solenoid for the back to cylinders has the tripped the check engine light. Will I damage the engine if I keep driving it without fixing it? How difficult a DIY repair is it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Easy to replace, all you need is the solenoid and manifold gasket set. Remove the intake manifold and replace the solenoid.......... Takes less than one hour. You can buy the parts at Rockys for less than $60.

BTW! YES you can drive the car without damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easy to replace, all you need is the solenoid and manifold gasket set. Remove the intake manifold and replace the solenoid.......... Takes less than one hour. You can buy the parts at Rockys for less than $60.

BTW! YES you can drive the car without damage.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
Continued driving while the CEL is on will prevent the PCM from switching the fuel strategy into closed loop mode once the engine coolant is up to temp. It will remain in open loop mode as long as the CEL remains lit while driving.

This will result in lower MPGs, and it could possibly lead to fouled cats if left unchecked long enough, but that's like many tens of thousands of miles of driving before that would happen I believe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Continued driving while the CEL is on will prevent the PCM from switching the fuel strategy into closed loop mode once the engine coolant is up to temp. It will remain in open loop mode as long as the CEL remains lit while driving.

This will result in lower MPGs, and it could possibly lead to fouled cats if left unchecked long enough, but that's like many tens of thousands of miles of driving before that would happen I believe.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
51 Posts
I have a new solenoid and new intake gaskets that I had bought and never changed out. I eventually ending up doing the new cam and mds delete.
I can sell you the unused solenoid and gasket set for...ehhh...$30 shipped.

Reactions: Chuckinnj
1 - 8 of 8 Posts