Dodge Challenger Forum banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sublime R/T Blacktop
60 Posts
You could always get the DY paint code and have your B5 car painted that color, just get a good body shop that does the door jambs and inside hood and trunk. Might run you about 13 to 15 k but if you like the color.
Only if that insurance company would pay for it!

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Only if that insurance company would pay for it!
I said You could, just write the check, it's no biggie if you like that color and the factory does not make it. I remember when Candy Colors were everywhere, not one factory car came in candy apple red, green, or blue. Those people just shelled out $$$ to body shops that use paints like Debeer and House of Kolor.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Well thank you for the info and long detail to say something so simple. Of course, he could have posted what you said himself. And no, I didn’t see that it was totaled or I wouldn’t have posted my comments In an effort to help him out.
Sorry I hadn’t looked at postings before you got that response. But you were spot on with what insurance told me and what ended up as the resolution.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sorry I hadn’t looked at postings before you got that response. But you were spot on with what insurance told me and what ended up as the resolution.
Good deal! I also learned some of that from others who damaged my car and they had either the very minimal required insurance or didn't have any. Their insurance companies try to get out as cheaply as possible and could care less about you!

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Another quick update; my sales guy sent me my newly stamped VIN yesterday and a new estimated delivery date of June 9.👍
Of course that’s just an estimate so I’ll be fine if it’s later, but that is way earlier than original estimate of early July.

·
Registered
Ordered 02/20/2020 - 2020 1320
134 Posts
That would be awesome if that happened, but I honestly wouldn't get your hopes up. If you just got your VIN then it sounds like you might be in D status. June 9th is barely over 2 weeks away, even if the car already went down the assembly line this past week that would be a tough date to meet to get the car out to you. I'd probably stick with July, better to be pleasantly surprised than get your expectations up and be dissappointed. Plus it seems like dates are being thrown around and no one truly knows anything. So I've had to stop myself from expecting any date and falling back to when it comes it comes, even though I know I won't lol

161 - 166 of 166 Posts