Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have brand new 2019 hellcat redeye with hollowing noise in rear since day one. brought to dealer this week and they agreed noise not good.they ordered new rear from factory and notify me when it comes in its the 309 rear.sucks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sorry to hear, many challenger owners including myself have noisy rear differentials in my case in 5th gear at 45mph at light throttle the rear make a whine noise. It’s not super load and obnoxious yet but then again I don’t have many miles on my 2019 yet either. So I am monitoring the noise and will advise my dealer long before my warranty runs out. Seems to be an ongoing annoyance with many challengers.
Be interested to hear if yours noise is all the time or under certain conditions?

·
Super Moderator
17,240 Posts
sorry to hear about that! QC was not on top of their game on that one.

when you get your replacement - take note of the break-in recommendation in owners' manual. This is also for the differential as well.

Hopefully the 2nd one will be good and give it the break in - good luck.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Common issue with ZF diffs . My Scat had it when new and has not changed in 6500 miles even though I’m at 750 whp now it still has not gotten worse . 75W140 helped .

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I got lucky, the Redeye has a good 3.09 in it, they are not designed and built bad, careful break-in followed for it (the engine don’t care, the first 0-300 miles are for the gears), and it is reasonably quiet for this kind of auto. My ‘15 HC whined because I did not follow the speed recommendations for the first few 100 miles, had to get a new differential to make it quiet down.

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
After servicing the diff fluids on my 2016 Scat Pack twice, the dealer replaced mine and it's been super quiet since (over 35k miles since replaced.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts