Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been covered in another thread but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I've got a few badges on my spoiler and some chrome lettering on the rear quarter panels. If at some point I get tired of one or all of them I'm wondering how difficult it is to remove them? Any special tools or chemicals/solutions needed?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Just need to heat up the area (hair dryer/sun on a 90 degree day) and use fishing string (heavy test/ 20lb or more) to remove one badge/letter at a time. Some people use guitar stings but be careful with ribbed/low cord strings since they can scratch the paint.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just need to heat up the area (hair dryer/sun on a 90 degree day) and use fishing string (heavy test/ 20lb or more) to remove one badge/letter at a time. Some people use guitar stings but be careful with ribbed/low cord strings since they can scratch the paint.
Thanks bro!

I happen to be a guitarist so I should have a few strings handy. :smokin:

·
Registered
16 Posts
There's also a second step. You may (will) have some sticky black residue left over underneath the letters. To remove this: buy some GooGone (orange stuff) and get a decent rag that won't swirl your paint.

Find a friend and go slow as to not scratch the clear coat. On my old Infiniti G coupe I used my fingernail during debadging and scratched right through the paint :disgust:

Let us know how it turns out! And I believe that rams head on the front is the only emblem that uses actual screws instead of sticky goo. Someone please chime in here...

·
Registered
160 Posts
There's also a second step. You may (will) have some sticky black residue left over underneath the letters. To remove this: buy some GooGone (orange stuff) and get a decent rag that won't swirl your paint.

Find a friend and go slow as to not scratch the clear coat. On my old Infiniti G coupe I used my fingernail during debadging and scratched right through the paint :disgust:

Let us know how it turns out! And I believe that rams head on the front is the only emblem that uses actual screws instead of sticky goo. Someone please chime in here...
No screws on the rams head but easy to pry off with plastic prys avaliable in any auto parts store. Speedy did have a video on his Speedys Garage site. BTW the rams head is two piece, take the chrome head off first and then the black backing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts