Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
The Baer setup is awesome we have sold many of the systems over the years. Great upgrade for a V6 or RT, 6 pistons and still works with OEM wheels!
More info here:
Speedlogix

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
The Baer setup is awesome we have sold many of the systems over the years. Great upgrade for a V6 or RT, 6 pistons and still works with OEM wheels!
More info here:
Speedlogix

Do you have a picture of this, with Heritage wheels?

The Baer gauge tell me that does not clear.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the Pro Plus on my '12 RT and the stock 20" chrome-clads did not work with them. I found this out when I tried to put them back on before trading in the RT for the SRT.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Baer 6-piston Pro+ 14" rotors with ACE 20x9" wheels in front. Same setup in rear with 10.5" wheels.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Thanks guys,

I'm talking about OEM Heritage, not aftermarket.
I know they will fit with my MT (that I use for lapping), but they must also fit with Heritage wheels.

In page 12 of the thread that I liked above, there is an important post (#120)

The only modification needed is if you run the RT classic wheels you need a small spacer in the front other than that good to go, and have awesome stopping power.
Small spacer? What is exactly?

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f53/baer-pro-plus-14-6-piston-braking-system-09-5-7l-challenger-25985/index12.html

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Thanks guys,

I'm talking about OEM Heritage, not aftermarket.
I know they will fit with my MT (that I use for lapping), but they must also fit with Heritage wheels.

In page 12 of the thread that I liked above, there is an important post (#120)

Small spacer? What is exactly?

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f53/baer-pro-plus-14-6-piston-braking-system-09-5-7l-challenger-25985/index12.html
We carry the spacers as well, the offset on the heritage wheels will not clear the front Baer caliper so a a small spacer is needed the rear clears fine

·
Registered
224 Posts
I ran my Baers with OEM Dodge Charger Daytona 20x8" wheels (+24mm offset) without any issues; no spacer needed. That offset is the same as OEM Challenger 20x8" wheels. The profile of the Heritage spokes must be the problem if they do not clear the Baer calipers.

·
Registered
670 Posts
what about with 18 inch wheels???

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT Plus 2014
10 Posts
I just tried the template with my 18in police steelies that I took off for the winter season. Looks like it doesn't fit due to the spokes. Might fit if I put in a spacer though.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I just wrapped up 6P Baer brake kit on my 2013 R/T Classic with Heritage wheels.

2013ChallengerHeritageWheels.jpg

I used CustomBilletProducts' 1/8" spacer for the fronts to get about 1/16"+ clearance for the spokes.

BaerBrakeHeritageWheels3mmSpacer.jpg

This space has a nice fit as "hub centric" and is close to the footprint where the wheel presses the hub.

I also made a little aluminum spacer for the front brake hose clamp, for a smooth hose run and to ensure clearance to speed sensor wiring.

BaerBrakesHoseClamp.jpg

Noting I cut the bracket from the original hose and trimmed off the extension for the original hose. By the way, instructions say to pry the bracket off the original hose. It is a stout bit of steel and I didn't have the tool that would provide leverage to expand the loop, so hack-sawing it became the order of the day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts