Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts

The Wall Street Journal is having yet another poll about the new concept vehicles. It's another poll with basically a "yes or no" answer on whether or not Dodge should build this car. Everyone head over and vote BUILD IT! Here's some more info:
The North American International Auto Show, the U.S. auto industry's answer to Comdex and the Cannes film festival, is in full swing. Eternally optimistic auto makers are putting memories of 2005 behind them with a gaggle of shiny dream machines.

That means it's time for Eyes on the Road readers to give the industry a piece of their minds by giving an up or down vote on some of the Detroit show's crop of "concept cars," those one-of-a-kind prototypes designed to decorate auto-show stands, create buzz and offer a preview of attractions that may someday come to a dealership near you.

This year's Detroit show was light on way-out and wacky concept cars: It seemed that most of the big players, especially General Motors and Ford, didn't have time or money to waste on goofy designs that will never make it to a factory. Many of this year's show cars looked a lot like production prototypes that got hauled out of working studios. BMW's Mini Traveller concept was barely out from under wraps when Mini executives confirmed plans to build a real Mini wagon much like it.

The Dodge Challenger, meanwhile, looks like somebody jumped in a time machine, went back to 1970 and stole a Challenger off Woodward Avenue in Detroit while the owner was gobbling down sliders at a White Castle. Granted, the new Challenger looks a lot tighter and cleaner than the original, which never sold all that well. One notable improvement: The car's body matches the wheelbase, so the vehicle doesn't look like it's zipping around on a too-small pair of roller skates.

Pros: This is a car Chrysler could actually build, really soon, because its underpinnings are the same as the production Dodge Charger sedan and Chrysler 300C. Chrysler also has a Hemi V-8 engine just waiting to go into the front end.

Cons: Where's the creativity? It looks like a note-for-note cover of the old car.
Click here to go to the article and rock the vote!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you build it, We will buy it. Already figuring out what to sell and how much to mortgage the house to be able to buy this one.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I voted either 'Build It' or 'Bag It' for all the vehicles currently 'up for voting', and it appears that I am in complete agreement with the general concensus. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
the only one i didnt agree with was the audi and the other one below it, i thought they were pretty nice lookin' cars. and the imperial.........i think that may be the next escalade as far as cheap luxury.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Why, Build It, Of Course.

My First Car was a 1971 Plymouth Road Runner 383. The wheelbase on this car is close..

History Repeats...

LJB:p

·
Registered
114 Posts
one the escalade really is not cheap luxury it is luxury not cheap and for some reason i did not see a bag it for the austin martin?is there some scandal?

·
Registered
65 Posts
"Cons: Where's the creativity? It looks like a note-for-note cover of the old car."

No, it's an update of a classic with modern technology. I love the styling, becuase it doesn't look like a computer designed it. No bulges on the sides and the huge Dodge snout. I didnt hear anyone from the media complain about the new Mustang being too retro when it came out.

Glad the voters disagree with the WSJ author: 65% Build it - 35% Trash it at this write.

That said, I didnt care much for the new Imperial Concept. I agree with the WSJ guy that Mopar would have been better modeling it on classic mid-60's Imperials than a Rolls.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is by far the coolest car i have seen in a long time. Had a chance once to buy a 1970 charger 383 Magnum, let it get away. This is one i would not. consider offering with SRT10.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Build it and they will come. . . I know that I did when I saw it the first time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I like how the vote is similar for the Challenger and the Camaro.. I've slowly began to loike the front end of the new camaro, but the overall appearance of the challenger still wins my cash. Although.. that chevy small block.. damn that's a mighty fine motor..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Scaling down the production numbers, I think it is already in the wake of being green lighted after seeing the mass reaction to both cars (Camaro - Challenger).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hemi 007 said:
If you build it they will come!
I've posted this before,
We've all heard this before " Build it and they will come ", well here's the message to DCX. " Build it and we will come/buy.....Gouge us and we will walk ", and BTW not to return.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I always wanted a MOPAR as a kid but couldn't afford it, now I can and I can't wait til its in production and available. I hope they offer performance rear axle ratios and the largest hemi available. I also want the original "RT" striping. GIMMEE GIMMEE GIMMEE!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
DARK AGE 53 said:
I've posted this before,
We've all heard this before " Build it and they will come ", well here's the message to DCX. " Build it and we will come/buy.....Gouge us and we will walk ", and BTW not to return.

And I'm with you 100%!!!;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts