Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got a '21 Scat Pack, and since one of the things I plan on doing os hitting the track, i got it with the dynamics pkg (275 tires, 6 piston up front)

Im looking to make it a little better in corners and my thinking is to do some aftermarket sway bars. Not sure if they're the bast deal/most noticeable upgrade at that price.

any other things you guys may recommend?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Learn the cars limits first, ask folks doing it longer then U with said car. (for a direction of improvement as some mods make it worse for your driving style)

Yes, tire is always the best start and corner weight the car to balance it out.........

Wish I had a track close to me to see what they both do STOCK and learn them stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The most notable difference will be r-compound tires
This is a Daily and honestly dont wanna deal with the second set of tires and wheels and what not. Down the line i might do so but at the moment it is too much $$

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
So, If you are looking for the bang for the buck...
First, Front shock tower brace, Consider Petty, Mopar or Speed Logix.
Second, Rear shock tower. Speedlogix has a 2 point that give you extra trunk space and the Petty (3 point) is really a nice piece.
Third, front sway bar. Eibach makes a nice set up. But a Scat is pretty good on Sway bars.
Fourth, rear sway bar. This is cool but a LOT of work (IMHO) and the factory piece is pretty stout.

The three pieces (front and reat shock tower and front sway bar) are less than a grand and you will feel a difference.

Mod away!

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,310 Posts
The Front and Rear Tower Braces will make the Suspension more Balanced. The Petty ones come in Matching Colors for your Car.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I love my Speedlogix strut bar. And ALWAYS use the SRT oil filter. It's the best!

Attachments

Reactions: Speedlogix-Sales

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,203 Posts
This is a Daily and honestly dont wanna deal with the second set of tires and wheels and what not. Down the line i might do so but at the moment it is too much $$
So what you want is the most bang for your cheap buck...

Really then leave the car stock. You will spend enough money on showing up with fresh oil and freshly bled brakes on track day. And dealing with the tire wear and brake wear and fuel and track fees, etc.

Also be sure you have good track insurance. A new 2021 can turn into an expensive lump of bent tin if you put a tire wrong.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Driver mods. Least expensive and most bang for the buck early. Get seat time in the car, take lessons. The better you get the brake system will need maintenance and help first. Then you will wear the tires. I would do sway bars last.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Best change I made was ditching the OE Pirelli tires, going 285/35 Conti. Extreme Contact Sport on all fours and lowering the car. Took almost 5 seconds off my personal best with that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, If you are looking for the bang for the buck...
First, Front shock tower brace, Consider Petty, Mopar or Speed Logix.
Second, Rear shock tower. Speedlogix has a 2 point that give you extra trunk space and the Petty (3 point) is really a nice piece.
Third, front sway bar. Eibach makes a nice set up. But a Scat is pretty good on Sway bars.
Fourth, rear sway bar. This is cool but a LOT of work (IMHO) and the factory piece is pretty stout.

The three pieces (front and reat shock tower and front sway bar) are less than a grand and you will feel a difference.

Mod away!
Def gonna look at the shock towers! Seems like the way to go for what I’m doing.

Driver mods. Least expensive and most bang for the buck early. Get seat time in the car, take lessons. The better you get the brake system will need maintenance and help first. Then you will wear the tires. I would do sway bars last.
I’ve done a few track days already, just not in this car. I am gonna do at least one day before I start messing with anything, but I already had a 15’ RT challenger and know the roll on the car can be a bit much. The scat is definitely better than the RT, but still could use some minor improvements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts