Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am running into walls trying to figure out which (5 x115 & 20" wheel). wheel to go with.

I am looking for a "Classic" look/style of wheel. I like the Heritage Wheels, Boss 338 & American Racing Torq Thrust M Wheels.

The only 2 issues that I have with the American Racing Torq Thrust M's.....

1. The American Racing Torq Thrust M only come in Black, Grey and Chrome. Black and Grey doesn't really go with my cars color so it only leaves me with Chrome. I like Polished more but isn't made in these wheels.
  2. The wheel just looks like it bows outwards too much.
I do like the Boss 338 because they seem to not bow out that much.

I have been looking at Boyds "Junkyard Dog Series" , Boss 338 & Rocket Racing "Fuel Series" but can't find one that fits due to the bolt pattern and rim size (5 x115 & 20" wheel).

Suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
You can polish out the painted grey/black Torq Thrust

Plenty have run a 5 on 4.5" pattern, just run centering hub rings to keep them centered when you torque them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Here is what the 338's look like... Hope this helps. I personally love the wheels.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,104 Posts
I'd suggest to look out for the Heritage wheels - they're aluminum with a polished / clearcoat finish - no issues for chrome plating to pit or flake off.

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is what the 338's look like... Hope this helps. I personally love the wheels.
I like them!

What's the specs on the setup you have? Staggered? What size Tires...etc?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I like them!

What's the specs on the setup you have? Staggered? What size Tires...etc?
Thanks.... They are a staggered set-up... 20 x 8.5 front and 20 x 10 rear.....both are 5 on 115 with 14mm offset in the front and 20mm offset in the rear...
Tires are Nitto Mitivo Factory size that came on the car... I forget the sizes right off hand..

Hope that helps!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I love the Boyd coddingtons junkyard dog wheels but I hate polishing the wheels been there done that now the foose nitrous whees are bad ass just soap and water and there clean

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rodworks gasser would look great on your car. One of the best looking retro wheels for this car. Doesn't have the "soft spoke" look of the others.
Raceheart,

Those do look really nice, not the look I am going for though. Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How about Nova's? They have a kinda classic/modern look to them. There's also Foose Nitrous & Legends

I dig the Novas alot, and pretty inexpensive. Pretty sure I'm going 20's with a bigger tire so I can still lower it and not lose much ride comfort instead of the 22's with tiny tires and zero clearance. My car is black with silver stripes, I think these will stand out nicely. Still trying to figure out if I want white letters or not on the tires.

·
Registered
627 Posts
:signed: KimI
rodworks gasser would look great on your car. One of the best looking retro wheels for this car. Doesn't have the "soft spoke" look of the others.
Im actually digging those wheels bro

·
Registered
611 Posts
Is it me, or do those look a lot like the Hurst "Dazzler" wheels? I'm digging them though!

Another wheel to look at is the MB "Old School" wheels…5 spoke, but with a modern twist. I have them on my Thirdgen Camaro and get lots of compliments on them. I was considering getting a set for my SRT too…but I just can't bring myself to getting them and have 2 cars with the same wheels…

EDIT: Forget it…just looked closer, and they don't have them in 5-115 lug pattern...

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have found a picture of wheels that interests me. They are on a Blue Challenger that was in the Texas Mile. I think his name here was HemiSam. But I think he got banned. If I could find out what type of wheels he had on there it would be helpful in my search.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
EDIT: Forget it…just looked closer, and they don't have them in 5-115 lug pattern...
I actually found a site that has rodworks gassers listed on sale in 20" x 9" 5 x 115 for $160 a wheel. The catch 22 is I'm on the fence about if I'd want to switch my heritage wheels out for the gassers for my car. I do love the way they look though.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Figured I'd update the post.. I have since purchased a set of Lorenzo WL197 BDC's. I liked the look of them because they were a mixture of black and machined face.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts