Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Plan is one for my Rebel, just spent $1600 on tires (two rides) so a lite on cash at the moment...............

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,321 Posts
The Pedal Monster Rocks, there is so much you can do with it the response is incredible and its Safer then any other Enhancer with more tailoring.
Stand Alone its fine I use my Smart Phone to adjust it in a Cup Phone Style Holder. It also does not harm any component's. Gail Banks delivers on his
products and I am sold with mine. With a STD Trans it makes shifts smoother with performance, it disables in Reverse for Safety, it has a better means
of voltage and a fail safe if there is a signal issue it makes the Throttle respond as it does without one.

I was featured in a News Letter just for being a believer and why I chose it. I would put it in my next Challenger or any other Vehicle that it supports.
You dont have to modify or program the PCM to get that response you should get. I use two modes I use City 5 and I use the Sport mode 3 I've not
needed to put it in Track Mode but my friend has in his R/T absolutely day and night difference.

Wont Void a Warranty does not embed Code in the PCM / or BCM uses 12volt off the ODBII not the Pedals own 5v source which is vital. I will play more
with it and play with the Curve Bands as time goes for my 2011 SXT. Also I used the Y splitter cable and the ODBII Diags is has works as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What are your thoughts?? Opinion??
Easy to install, works great. Better and safer than other options. Huge amount of adjustability. I keep mine on Sport mode 7/10 and it is lively without being touchy. Would very highly recommend. You don't know how much power you have on demand with the 5.7 until you have a throttle that will give it to you when you ask for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Pedal Monster Rocks, there is so much you can do with it the response is incredible and its Safer then any other Enhancer with more tailoring.
Stand Alone its fine I use my Smart Phone to adjust it in a Cup Phone Style Holder. It also does not harm any component's. Gail Banks delivers on his
products and I am sold with mine. With a STD Trans it makes shifts smoother with performance, it disables in Reverse for Safety, it has a better means
of voltage and a fail safe if there is a signal issue it makes the Throttle respond as it does without one.

I was featured in a News Letter just for being a believer and why I chose it. I would put it in my next Challenger or any other Vehicle that it supports.
You dont have to modify or program the PCM to get that response you should get. I use two modes I use City 5 and I use the Sport mode 3 I've not
needed to put it in Track Mode but my friend has in his R/T absolutely day and night difference.

Wont Void a Warranty does not embed Code in the PCM / or BCM uses 12volt off the ODBII not the Pedals own 5v source which is vital. I will play more
with it and play with the Curve Bands as time goes for my 2011 SXT. Also I used the Y splitter cable and the ODBII Diags is has works as well.
How do you unplug the plug on the accelerator? I can't figure out how to get it unplugged. I am a pretty big boy and don't have a lot of room to climb all the way up in there to see. I have had my hand on it but can't get it unplugged. Can't wait to use it.

I am assuming it is the plug with the wires showing in this pic?

2012 Challenger SXT

Attachments

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
There is a Clip retainer you have to gently pinch / squeeze the top of that connector clip then gentle jiggle it pull up and slide out. When you install the Monster push it in till it clips, same for accelerator wire clip to the Monster cable push till it clicks in place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a Clip retainer you have to gently pinch / squeeze the top of that connector clip then gentle jiggle it pull up and slide out. When you install the Monster push it in till it clips, same for accelerator wire clip to the Monster cable push till it clicks in place.
You are great. Thank you for the help. Looks like that clip was broke. Finally got it out using a pick on the opposite side. I just got it installed and haven't downloaded the app yet. The app store wasn't working and it is raining so I can't tidy up the wires and drive it yet. Got everything dangling but I started it and throttle seemed better without changing any settings at least while it was in park.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
No problem a friend actually installed and tucked up mine so its virtually not visible as well as the Banks Y ODBII Cable and made a new bracket and installed it into that so it looks like nothing has been altered. I have a hard time bending and doing stuff under the dash so my friend did the intall. Just take time with the settings and after awhile you can adjust the curve on what settings you like and save them.

·
Premium Member
2019 AWD SXT +
718 Posts
I just got one from a guy who traded in his truck and it works great but there's no reverse safety enabled. Is it not available on the Challengers (I have a 2019). I only see GMC, Ford and Ram trucks listed to choose from. So it says to pick "Standard" if vehicle not listed. Not a big deal but would be nice to have. Overall this thing is great and having had the Pedal Commander that put me in limp mode it's nice to know this has some safeguards.

·
Premium Member
2019 AWD SXT +
718 Posts
Thanks. I'll email them to confirm but was just thinking that perhaps because of the locked PCM for 2015+ it may not be a feature that can be enabled.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I have a 2012 RT and I just installed the banks pedal monster (part number 64310) for use with my cheap Samsung phone. Install was easy and setup just as easy with the android app.

I like it but don't know if its worth $300

·
Premium Member
2019 AWD SXT +
718 Posts
Spoke to Banks and they said to pick any dodge/ram vehicle from the list for the reverse feature and that worked. Got a deal on mine so it wasn’t a big deal but glad it has that feature enabled now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts