Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in a 2012 SRT8:)

When ordering for one before they hit the lots you are pretty much stuck with the MSRP, right? No haggle?

Then, every month thereafter, I'm thinking you may be able to work with monthly quotas, getting better deals as time elapses. - right?

Another thing, on trade ins, is the KBB pretty fair/accurate? Or is the customer usually forced to settle for less?

If anyone has any experience on this haggling stuff, I would sure appreciate it.:scratchhead:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Should have read your entire post. As far as KBB, dealers sometimes use KBB, but more often they use a "black book" which is auction prices in your area.

If they use KBB, it's going to be no more than the "fair" condition price on trade in; doesn't matter how nice your car is.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Every thing in car buying is negotiable. Work your best deal. If you dont like try again. It is not difficult. If you get a number YOU like, buy the car. You are the only one who can decide if the price is one you like.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would think you should be able to get one under MSRP. The 6.4 has already been released in the 2011 model so if you can't get it under MSRP I'd be surprised. Going toward the end of the month when a dealer is trying to hit or surpass quota can definitely help. They might be more willing to throw in that extra $1,000 or so in order to seal the deal.

I have found that NADA values were more accurate as far as what the dealer was willing to give me for a car but it seems to change constantly. The best thing to do is check a few different services (KBB, NADA, "black book", etc...) and see what ballpark you are looking at. They are always going to low ball you. You just have to work them hard to get them as high as you can.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts