1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,388 Posts
Wow, looks new, but FULL of either obvious assumptions or all "should" "could" " would" "might", and zero facts.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
702 Posts
If the Barracuda name was resurrected it would never be a real Barracuda. IMO it would be a big mistake that would leave a bad taste in the mouths of us faithfuls who were enthusiasts while the Barracuda was in it's prime.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,797 Posts
I doubt there's any truth to the article BUT, I would welcome one in a heartbeat! I don't care if it's a Dodge Barracuda and not a Plymouth. I guarantee everyone would be all over them should it ever become reality. I am tired of getting my hopes up however.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I doubt there's any truth to the article BUT, I would welcome one in a heartbeat! I don't care if it's a Dodge Barracuda and not a Plymouth. I guarantee everyone would be all over them should it ever become reality. I am tired of getting my hopes up however.
I agree. People bought the 4 door Charger.

·
Registered
83 Posts
some of those cars are ugly and IF they do it i hope they stick with there roots. Similarity in style to the old 70s cars is what in my opinion makes the challenger more appealing then a mustang or camaro who have gone to futuristic. Some of those cars in that article are but ugly. Keep the look the same and scale it down like a cuda in the 70s was. Please dont put Plymouth on it anywhere because its not a Plymouth. PLEASE no hybrid greeny car or turbo 4cyls. Matter of fact id make the cuda the performance version and only offer it with engines over the original hemi cudas 425 hp. Maybe an aar version with a forged turbo 5.7 and a suspension that would compete with a camaro Z and like the z put out around 500 hp. Now that would be a car. im an old mopar muscle car guy and always thought the aar's were the best looking muscle car ever! Well at least tied with the 70 ss chevelles. What we dont need is some futuristic wind tunnel designed car that looks more like a hot wheels toy then a muscle car.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
499 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,388 Posts
The funny thing is, and shows how much crap that article is, it mentions
The Design Of The Car Will Be Based On The Original Plymouth Barracuda
yeah right... Now don't get me wrong, I'd rock the hell out of one of them, even a slant 6 with 3 on the tree.

·
Registered
281 Posts
A lot of these kind of Moderator posts are clickbait.

Reactions: Wizard of Iz

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't moderate here and haven't been here long enough to judge but am a moderator on a couple gun forums and we sure don't post things to get people to add to the forums post count. If anything, we delete posts that don't fit or aren't within the guidelines of what's acceptable and mostly just personal attacks that are UNWARANTED.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,797 Posts
A lot of these kind of Moderator posts are clickbait.
I think he's referring to the original article posted at hotcars.com as being clickbait, not the OP of this thread. Sites like that definitely take the same article and recycle it over and over again in the interest in getting views. It's what gets advertisers to anti up to participate there.

Reactions: ckaram

·
Super Moderator
15,981 Posts
they ought to post images of that model of the blue car in an image that was behind Ralph Gilles circa 2012 / 2013 - people were worked up into a frenzy on that one!

Its the New Barracuda - its coming! It will be SRT only....!

Yeah, right...

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
499 Posts
I dont moderate here and havent been here long enough to judge but am a moderator on a couple gun fourms and we sure dont post things to get people to add to the forums post count. If anything we delete posts that dont fit or arent within the guidelines of whats expectable and mostly just personal attacks that are UNWARANTED. .
Yeah, but posters keep posting any news on a Barracuda that is said to be in the works....even if it clearly looks like a Challenger with a Mr Norm's kit and is false as can be.
Isn't happening. I doubt if it comes it will be under Dodge's name. It wasn't a Dodge even if Plymouth is a sister car maker.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The 'Cuda has to come under Dodge's name. Plymouth doesn't exists. If they even call it a Plymouth 'Cuda it's only a model name. It would have to be a Dodge "Plymouth 'Cuda" Just like if Chev came out with a Firebird. It sure wouldn't be a Pontiac.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts