2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I have to say is
That Most of us have Better Mopars in storage then whats
on Barrett Jackson tonight...(Kinda of a wasted night}..................JQ

·
Registered
389 Posts
I watch Barrett-Jackson anytime its on the Speed Channel (been watching it all this week). I'm actually pretty amazed at how few MOPARs go across the auction block compared to the plethora of Chevys and Fords. Gobs of Vettes, Camaros and Mustangs - but very few MOPARs. The MOPARs that are auctioned do bring some respectible money, however. Almost like the "reality" of the street - lots of Mustangs and Vettes out there, quite a few new Camaros populating the streets too. Challengers, however, are pretty rare - and they really grab people's attention (kind of like those MOPARs at the B-J auctions).

I had my oil changed today at the local shop I've been taking my cars for years. 2nd time for my SRT8. The guys in the shop know all 3 Challengers that are serviced there - the colors, the mods, the names of the owners. They are all over the car when I bring it in and talk about the other 2 they service. These guys service lots of cars every week - but they remember the 3 Challengers in the local area. Kind of cool being that unique - guess the same is so with other "classic" MOPARs, even at the high end of "classic" such as Barrett-Jackson.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I watch Barrett-Jackson anytime its on the Speed Channel (been watching it all this week). I'm actually pretty amazed at how few MOPARs go across the auction block compared to the plethora of Chevys and Fords. Gobs of Vettes, Camaros and Mustangs - but very few MOPARs. The MOPARs that are auctioned do bring some respectible money, however. Almost like the "reality" of the street - lots of Mustangs and Vettes out there, quite a few new Camaros populating the streets too. Challengers, however, are pretty rare - and they really grab people's attention (kind of like those MOPARs at the B-J auctions).

I had my oil changed today at the local shop I've been taking my cars for years. 2nd time for my SRT8. The guys in the shop know all 3 Challengers that are serviced there - the colors, the mods, the names of the owners. They are all over the car when I bring it in and talk about the other 2 they service. These guys service lots of cars every week - but they remember the 3 Challengers in the local area. Kind of cool being that unique - guess the same is so with other "classic" MOPARs, even at the high end of "classic" such as Barrett-Jackson.
It seems that way everywhere.
MOPARS had a later start into the muscle car era of the '60s and were less widely known than GMs and Fords. I'm glad that I am a part of the smallest muscle car community, but still the best. I'm also happy to see other Challengers on the road less often than I see Camaros. The people that buy Challengers don't just buy a car because they have heard of it like people do with Chevys and Fords, but because they love the brand, the people, and most importantly the car.

·
Registered
954 Posts
ive heard(and believe it to be true) at bj they run thru the''best'' cars for filming,there may be the typical anti mopar bias there as it depends on whos picking those best cars,seems like when you do see a mopar its like the 71 cuda or goldbergs dart(heavily modified),i understand they have a open bar for the''top bidders'' to get them juiced up for heavy bidding.also the average cars get run thru earlier in the day when there are less bidders in the audience,remember bj is a ''no reserve''auction so if you arent happy with the price you have to bid on your own car and pay the buyer and seller fees!

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
I have a B-5 blue wing car but it will not be sold for 87K

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
All I have to say is
That Most of us have Better Mopars in storage then whats
on Barrett Jackson tonight...(Kinda of a wasted night}..................JQ

You are correct for what was on TV, I was there 4 days in person, and every stinking time speed goes to comercial, they cut out 1-2 mopars.

SUCH A JOKE!

There were 19 mopars on Sat and Friday alone in the books and when I was there that were never shown.

There were 4 440, 440 6 pack, and 2 hemi challengers that were all govier cert cars, clean cars!

And several cudas and chargers and 2 road runners not on tv,

But we need to show 200 mustangs and camaros right :(

it is the pepsi whinne generation :disgust:

·
Registered
591 Posts
BJ goes in phases.... I have gone for all but 3 out of the last 14-15yrs. And 5yrs ago the Mopars ruled. Keep in mind that because the Mopars were selling crazy high 5-6yrs ago, EVERYONE that had a rare one was restoring or selling to restorers.... so all of the sudden the small number of perfectly done Mopars weren't so rare, as anything with a Hemi or a 440 Sixpack or a Conv. was restored and up for sale in the following years. Bigger supply meant fewer guys with big bucks bidding on the same few Mopars. If you noticed this year, there were something like 60+ Vetts and many of them went for not too expensive prices.... It's always supply/demand. And a Desoto (hemi), went for $325K.... it's still a Mopar! And the coolest car was the 71 Frankencuda (Google it), with the 2,000 Gen 2 blown Hemi. AWESOME!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts