Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to start this with showing pics of the new Barton shifter vs. the stock and the Hurst. I installed both the Hurst and the Barton all by myself. The Barton by far was the easiest on to install. Maybe it is the fact that I have done it before, but this time around it went much easier. You do not have to transfer the dust boots over to the Baron unlike the Hurst. I have not driven it yet, because I do not take it out in the salt. It feels much more solid. The centering spring is nice and firm without being too hard. There is still a little movement with the handle when in gear with the Barton, but no where near the Hurst. I did not have one problem with the dust boot on the Barton. I followed the instructions are it went together without a problem. I did not even grease the dust boot. Here are some pics

All three together.

Install Pics

When I installed my Hurst I also bought some dynapad. So I figured might as well use it

My only problem was deciding what handle to use

My choice, for now

Can not what to drive her!!!!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
nice write up. you will love it, guarantee!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I like your comparison of all three shifters in those pics. Looks like a clean install, you should be happy with the product.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Where did you buy yours?

·
Registered
535 Posts
If you're using that mopar round ball shifter, let me know if you have noise with it. I have some with mine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you're using that mopar round ball shifter, let me know if you have noise with it. I have some with mine.
I've been using the Mopar handle with the barton for over a month and haven't noticed any difference in noise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts