Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am interested in the barton shifter. I have no doubt, from what I have read, that it is a better shifter than the hurst shifter. That being said, I still love my hurst pistol grip shifter handle too much to upgrade shifters and give up my pistol grip.

I know Mr. Norm's pistol grip bolts on the stock shifter, so it should bolt right up to the barton shifter. I just would like to hear from someone that has done it. I doubt that it would feel as solid as the barton handle. And $300 is a ridiculous price to pay for a shifter handle, but..............

Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Barton has stated that any shift handle that will bolt up to the stock shifter will bolt right onto their unit. The Hurst short shifter has a different mounting position.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I have been talking with Jason (gunslinger) on his handles. He sent me one and I drove with it. It works perfect and looks great! It was a "prototype" so it is in the works to be finished and chromed! I cant wait to get it back! I to had a Hurst!!

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been talking with Jason (gunslinger) on his handles. He sent me one and I drove with it. It works perfect and looks great! It was a "prototype" so it is in the works to be finished and chromed! I cant wait to get it back! I to had a Hurst!!
O.K. gnslngr, thanks for the info. Their website has been under construction for quite some time, but he does now have a photo of the shifter handle that fits the barton or stock shifter. $300 is a lot for a shifter handle, but so be it.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I strongly recommend that you order the Barton shifter with the flat stick. It is an integral part of the engineering and function of that shifter.

Yes - it will accept pretty much any shift handle. But as others who have run the Barton shifter with aftermarket shift handles and/or the OE pistol grip - and then switched to the Barton handle - there is truly no comparison in shift precision and feel.

You would have to really love that pistol grip to choose it over the flat stick - all I'm saying is compare the two in terms of shift feel so at least you know what you're giving up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts