Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my barton shift kit upgrade for my SPS and MAN, what a difference. But in disconnecting all the electric connectors behind the center console and then reconnecting, I lost my radio and some other functions in the car. Anyone seen this before? It tells me that the software upgrade will happen "automatically"; well that was about a week ago....and no change. While I love the sound and feel of my SPS, I really miss my 500-watt stereo system. Any suggestions or do I need to take to a dealer and have them force a software upgrade? Thnx

·
Registered
200 Posts
Did my barton shift kit upgrade for my SPS and MAN, what a difference. But in disconnecting all the electric connectors behind the center console and then reconnecting, I lost my radio and some other functions in the car. Anyone seen this before? It tells me that the software upgrade will happen "automatically"; well that was about a week ago....and no change. While I love the sound and feel of my SPS, I really miss my 500-watt stereo system. Any suggestions or do I need to take to a dealer and have them force a software upgrade? Thnx
I installed mine too, didn't have these issues. I'd just recommend making sure when you positioned the center console back in that one of the connections didn't come loose. All I can think of.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chilly thanks for the suggestion, but all my connections are intact.I think when you disconnect and reconnect, something needs to reset.....and for some reason, mine hasn't yet. What year is your SP? Mine is a '16. Thnx again.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Take it apart again, in my truck I connected a connector and somehow bent a pin so while it all looked and felt intact, something wasn’t making contact. Odd stuff happens, I never would have thought it but was happy after I checked.
That Barton shifter is one beautiful item.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,740 Posts
Does the head unit light up at all? If connection looks good, also look for a connection further out if you pulled on anything. The "unplug battery negative terminal for a few minutes, reconnect" is always a good thing to try. A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts