Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have contacted Barton, waiting to hear back.

About 2 weeks ago I installed a Barton shifter on my 2015 Shaker. Everything was great.

Yesterday, at a stop light I put it into first and it felt like something slipped and the shifter handle moved forward about an inch. It got progressively worse.

I can shift into 1, 3, and 5 fine, but 2, 4, and 6 feel like they barely engage. There is now a lot of front to back slop, when in gear driving I can move the shifter forward and back a couple inches with out the gear popping out.

Anyway, wondering if any one else has experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Check your install and retorque everything, it seems something came loose.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All bolts are accounted for and were tight. Doesn’t the Barton have some internal springs?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have contacted Barton, waiting to hear back.

About 2 weeks ago I installed a Barton shifter on my 2015 Shaker. Everything was great.

Yesterday, at a stop light I put it into first and it felt like something slipped and the shifter handle moved forward about an inch. It got progressively worse.

I can shift into 1, 3, and 5 fine, but 2, 4, and 6 feel like they barely engage. There is now a lot of front to back slop, when in gear driving I can move the shifter forward and back a couple inches with out the gear popping out.

Anyway, wondering if any one else has experienced this?

Have you checked those cross pins and rotating clips that are such a PITA to install?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you checked those cross pins and rotating clips that are such a PITA to install?

Actually, this is what it was, who knew there was a left and right pin, looks like one of them fell out. Need to order a new one. Anyone know where a could find a part number?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
This I did not know, thanks

A Guy

·
Premium Member
561 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts
Actually, this is what it was, who knew there was a left and right pin, looks like one of them fell out. Need to order a new one. Anyone know where a could find a part number?

Also, those locking tabs need to rotate so that they engage with the ears on the trans case. One rotates up and the other side is the opposite. It will keep the pins from backing out and losing them.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Dodge part# is 5038668AB Should be about $5.00 each. I had one fall out too. Can't quite figure out how as it was the easiest one to get to when installing them. Fortunately putting it back in was easy. Just went in from underneath without having to tear the console apart again. Glad to hear you solved the problem.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
OP i had the same problem. The left and right pins are the same part number. What i did when i re-installed them was keep wiggling the shifter after installing the pins and you can see them starting to back themselves out. I slightly bent the tabs so they engage the lock better.

First time around the pins fell out in a couple days
Since replacing, its been r months of hard driving and no movement
Goodluck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts