Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had a concern since installed my shifter of it being klunky and shifter would get lost....Today i drove a 2016 scat identical to mine close to same miles and miles on the Barton a night and day difference...has any one had any issues...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,860 Posts
You sure all bolts are tightened up and pins were snug and locked in place? Mine feels extremely precise now and since day one of the install.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree with everyone else - I don't use the idiom "night and day" lightly when I say that's exactly what I experienced going from the stock shifter to the Barton. Simply the absolute best upgrade I've done in the long list of mods found in my signature.

I did have mine professionally installed by Steve White Motors - has worked beautifully since the day it was done. A remarkable increase in precision and solidity. I've got a SpeedDawg knob on it right now but have a Barton weighted knob in transit that I'm curious to try out after reading favorable reviews, although I can't imagine how it would improve things!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have used the stock a Hurst for few months and a Barton now for a year. Hurst was junk, stock was decent but loose..had only one problem with the Barton banging through gears and must have not tightened the rotation bolts enough as the shifter leaned way back. simple fix of loosening, adjusting and tightening

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had a Barton installed in my 2020Scat Pack and there is a grinding from the tranny when shifting from 2nd to 3rd at low speed low RPM situations. Mechanic assures the install is correct. Does anyone heard of anything like this? How is Bartons refund/return policy--anyone know?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,860 Posts
If you did not have shifting problems before the barton was installed it could be one of the pins backed out a little and causing the linkages to not move properly. Barton shift assemblies require a little more effort (worth it IMO) to get into gear but if you are feeling grinding while trying to shift into 3rd something is wrong. Now most folks complain about 1-2 gear nibble which is not uncommon on Tremecs (I actually get 3-4 nibble as well), usually this gets exaggerated with colder ambient temps or when the transmission is still cold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts