Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is about the block fork holder. In the install video it shows the screw heads facing toward front of shifter , but i have seen many install pictures with the heads facing away from shifter. Does it matter?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
This question is about the block fork holder. In the install video it shows the screw heads facing toward front of shifter , but i have seen many install pictures with the heads facing away from shifter. Does it matter?
When I spoke to Dave he said it doesn't matter. Use whatever lines up the stud the best. If they didn't want you t to use it one way they wouldn't of made it reversible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maybe thats why you had nothing but problems ( I.E noise and alignment issues) from the get go. The video states facing in. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I haven't had any issues since day 1.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Maybe thats why you had nothing but problems ( I.E noise and alignment issues) from the get go. The video states facing in. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I haven't had any issues since day 1.
I JUST got off the phone with Dave Sr. and he said it doesn't matter which direction as long as it lines up:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thats why I said "maybe it doesn't matter" . Im offering my prospective to you and the original poster since I have had no issues and installed my screws toward the forks like the video says. Apparently it mattered at some point enough for the installer to comment. I realize you spoke with Dave and things change. For some reason you always seem to have the better prospective with your personal Hotline yet seem to have nothing but problems.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Thats why I said "maybe it doesn't matter" . Im offering my prospective to you and the original poster since I have had no issues and installed my screws toward the forks like the video says. Apparently it mattered at some point enough for the installer to comment. I realize you spoke with Dave and things change. For some reason you always seem to have the better prospective with your personal Hotline yet seem to have nothing but problems.
The noise varies from car to car, there's no question about that. "Nothing but problems?" I had the first shifter which wasn't aligned properly with certain tunnel covers and I got a replacement. Then I did a few tricks to reduce/abate the noise. No need to be a smartass about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts