Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shifter speaks for itself as many of you are aware. During my install the rubber dust boot was pinching when tightening the rear bolt. I called Dave from Barton and he said he would send a replacement. I said it doesn't effect the shifting and didn't feel like tearing it down again. Dave then tells me, no I am going to send Joe to your house and fix it. I live approximately 3 hours aways from their factory. I was absolutely floored. This is one company that understands customer service. My brother has a 14 mustang and wanted the shifter just based on the story I told him about the level of customer service. I called Dave back and he had Joe bring the shifter for the mustang and installed it when he came to fix my shifter. No extra charge for the install. Great company.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Wow, I'm totally speechless. That almost makes me want to buy a second one just because they kick so much ass

Reactions: teddyp

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
You don't need that rubber silencer, mine disintegrated when I touched it so I threw it out, exhaust sounds louder now!!

But yeah, Barton has the best service bar none. I spoke with Dave mostly throughout the whole thing, but the few times I talked to Joe he was very prompt in calling me back and was accurate in sending me the shifter next day air.

Barton shifter is one of the best products out there for these cars as far as quality and customer service.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Re you guys using the factory pistol stick or the Barton Flat Stick? If I but the shifter without the stick can I upgrade later to a Flat stick or are the shifters different?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Re you guys using the factory pistol stick or the Barton Flat Stick? If I but the shifter without the stick can I upgrade later to a Flat stick or are the shifters different?
The flat stick is a work of art and is monster of a handle. It's MUCH more solid and affixed on the top block than the OEM shifter. I'd be afraid of the OEM handle breaking after lots of hard runs over the years. You will want the flat stick, trust me. Also the flat stick with ball ensures proper shifting technique. Dave once told me most all the racers on the drag strip or racing circuit use the round ball for quickest, easiest shifts.

Reactions: Tanner

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Depends on the person really. It can be done in 40 min by someone that knows what they r doing. A first timer and really taking ur time 2-4 hours at the most.

·
Registered
535 Posts
4 hours ?? what 30 minutes a nut :scratchhead:.

its maybe 1 hour tops & that includes a few trips inside for band-aids.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
what r u my wife? did u miss the part that says "first timer" and "Really taking ur time"?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally Posted by HawaiianRT
You think Barton would be willing to send someone to Hawaii to install mine if I bought one?
"BARTON"
HAHA funny thing is.... Im between Hawaii and Jamaica for my Honeymoon in June. If we decide on Hawaii I can do it in june.
Seriously

Pick Hawaii!!! But you better ask your fiancee if you can install a shifter when you should be honeymooning on the beach.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Well if he services his wife anywhere near as well as his customers she won't mind. :-D lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts