Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup mopar family,

So I got a Barton shifter for my 2014 R/T. The shifter works great when I’m daily driving, but when I’m out street racing during the weekend, after a few pulls it tends to feel locked when I try going from 2nd to 3rd. I try to cool down the car after a few runs but that doesn’t seem to work either. The next day after I drive the car again it shifts just fine. Anyone know what can be causing this? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I installed it myself. I’m gonna look into the pins right now. Hopefully that’s the issue. Thanks bro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i lost all of my upper gears one time, make sure they SNAP in place if not i bent the tab a little more let us know how it goes
Yeah the right pin wasn’t turned all the way. Took the car for a test drive. MUCH BETTER. Feels good to shift with confidence. Although I ran into another problem. Did you ever have issues with the hexagonal screws on the shift stick coming loose after a few hard shifts ?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yeah the right pin wasn’t turned all the way. Took the car for a test drive. MUCH BETTER. Feels good to shift with confidence. Although I ran into another problem. Did you ever have issues with the hexagonal screws on the shift stick coming loose after a few hard shifts ?
Light dab of loctite

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
493 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
for those front retaining pins: push in the center of the pin while rotating the lock clip over the ear on the transmission.

you'll definitely get the lock clip seated properly and it won't back off

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi, I know this is dead but hope someone can help me
My Barton came with two black hex screws
Idk where they go anyone can help? I can’t find anything about them online thanks in advance

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
493 Posts
Hi, I know this is dead but hope someone can help me
My Barton came with two black hex screws
Idk where they go anyone can help? I can’t find anything about them online thanks in advance
They're to lock the position of the Barton shifter handle. You can see them in the picture on this site: Barton Shifter - Hex Bolts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts