Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed my barton shifter, and now I'm getting ready to install my hurst line loc, is this system consistent and without any solenoid problems?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly does a line lock do. I have a idea but just want to make sure its the right idea. Also who did the stitching on ur boot?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly does a line lock do. I have a idea but just want to make sure its the right idea.
A line lock locks up your front brakes but not the rear so you can do burnouts. New Mustangs have this from the factory and the tire manufacturers are lovin' it. :browsmiley:

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Seems to be, know quite a few that run it instead of SLPs just for the cooling fins, but both seem consistant and rebuildable. I would suggest addition of a toggle on the Yaw wire from ESP unit while you are in there, use it with line lock to fully OFF since 80% is all the button will turn off, will be doing both here after I get the LTs on.

Reactions: Trimec

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems to be, know quite a few that run it instead of SLPs just for the cooling fins, but both seem consistant and rebuildable. I would suggest addition of a toggle on the Yaw wire from ESP unit while you are in there, use it with line lock to fully OFF since 80% is all the button will turn off, will be doing both here after I get the LTs on.

Will do, great tech advice thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts