Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at videos on you tube and the new 5.0 mustang is actually 435 horse, and beats the 392 srt challenger by .2 of a second in the quarter, 12.8 on the stang and 13.0 on the srt. has anyone else heard the same?

·
Registered
348 Posts
You are not viewing all videos then. The War Horse 392 takes out the stangerella pony car and can fit three 23 year old girls in the rear wearing mini skirts comfortably.

5,134 Posts
You probably watched the Motor Trend video. Doing quarter mile times with their cell phone on a nice dusty deserted airstrip.

Watch this video and see for yourself:

If any clown says the car had slicks on it, look again. The guy does like three burnouts. You could not spin slicks that easily without water once they're warmed up -- and without breaking things.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I'm not too worried. Some of us have our R/T's running better than the 'Stang. The real world 392 with drag radials will shame them.

Jack

·
Registered
348 Posts
i guess the 15000 extra for the srt over the stang is well spent then.
for 20k I still wouldn't buy the stang. Sorry...my high school days are over.
Time for real mans car when you hit 35.:guiness:
Do your homework kid. 30k for a 5.0 stang comes with no options. SRT/392 comes with almost everything including Brembos.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Then maybe you should change brands? I could buy a house made of straw for a lot less than my brick home, but I sure as hell wouldn't live in it.

Jack

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm not sure why people are flaming him for asking a valid question...granted he may not have seen all the videos but I see no reason to flame the guy.

I'm starting to think half the forum needs to take some happy pills. Sheesh! :D

5,134 Posts
upgrayedd: I agree. I believe his question "i guess the 15000 extra for the srt over the stang is well spent then." is not meant sarcastically -- he may be trying to justify the extra cash. He probably wasn't keen on spending $15K more for a slower car.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just have to wonder if the mustang is a better built car, I bought a new r/t, it seems the fit and finish isnt even comparable, if you look down the side of a challenger there are quite a few imperfections in the body panels that look like dents. After buying a new challenger for 40000 i have to use a prop rod to hold the hood up. now that is pure class!

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
"I just have to wonder if the mustang is a better built car, I bought a new r/t, it seems the fit and finish isnt even comparable, if you look down the side of a challenger there are quite a few imperfections in the body panels that look like dents. After buying a new challenger for 40000 i have to use a prop rod to hold the hood up. now that is pure class!"

I will say that the Ford is the better built car. The panel gaps, paint and fit and finish are better than the Challenger. The paint, body, carpet and what not are all the same from a SE V6 all the way up to the SRT8. Why the Challenger doesnt come with a prop rod is beyond me, it like asking why the Mustang doesnt come with remote start standard, its all about saving a buck.

My point is everyone wants to compare the slowest times posted for X brand against the best times for y brand and then cry foul about the price. Its common knowledge than a nearly comparably equipped Mustang GT Premium or 2SS/RS Camaro is pushing $40K. If you want the fastest straight line car out there then all 3 of these cars are a poor choice to start with.

Drive em all, pick the one you like and be happy about it. You will never have the fastest car out there because someone will have more money to mod with. Whenever I beat another car at the track, do you think the other guy tells himself "I would have beat that SRT8 if it was stock, boo-hoo he had mods so thats why he is faster."

·
Banned
407 Posts
I just have to wonder if the mustang is a better built car, I bought a new r/t, it seems the fit and finish isnt even comparable, if you look down the side of a challenger there are quite a few imperfections in the body panels that look like dents. After buying a new challenger for 40000 i have to use a prop rod to hold the hood up. now that is pure class!
why did you buy a 40000 dollar car that had numerous imperfections in the body?

...i may not be standing on a bridge but you're starting smell of troll

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
i love doing this everytime..........Mustang Killer

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
thats a blown Super Snake geting it's as$ whiped

1 - 20 of 104 Posts