Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys I'm brand New to the site and I was wondering if you had any suggestions for mods to my 2013 rt. It's bare bones minimum right now with absolutely no mods except for exhaust. Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I did resonator delete, tinted windows, and added purple piping to accent the interior.
Next will be engine cover paint once I decide on design and colors.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congrats! What colour is your ride? :)

CAI is an easy one. Resonator delete...

Adding the piping to the doors that zxsix mentioned is an easy (and cheap) mod that adds accent colour to your interior! Look for hattrick15 on Ebay. Great seller, and has lots of different colours. Really easy to add, and looks great. :)

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
If you have a 6 speed manual, the Skip Shift Eliminator is a must in my book. Also think about a new shifter. I also have Sequential Tail Lights which are pretty cool.

Regards,

Rich

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you both for your input its greatly appreciated, mine is the granite color so I think I might be able to go with pretty much any color for accent. As for the skip shift eliminator I completely agree, having to shift from 1st to 4th is ridiculous. How much do the sequential tail lights cost?? I was also wondering if any of you have thought about lowering it or adding a turbo or supercharger?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yup. Skip shift for a manual.

That's a mod I have yet to do for my new ride... but one that's on the list. One of the must-haves. :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a '13 rt 6sp thats also the base model. I did get the mopar exterior package. Aside from that, I have a catch can, had the resonators deleted but couldn't stand the drone so i changed the exhaust to the solo mach-x with j-pipes. I also have an intune dcx with a custom tune from johan. Also changed out the res radio to the 430 rbz. Have fun modding.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Are you looking for performance mods, or appearance? Interior, exterior, under hood?

The obvious first things are the exhaust and CAI. Many options for these.
For interior, I'm looking at some of the dash kits from carid.com
Under-hood, I love Billet Tech's stuff....

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you looking for performance mods, or appearance? Interior, exterior, under hood?

The obvious first things are the exhaust and CAI. Many options for these.
For interior, I'm looking at some of the dash kits from carid.com
Under-hood, I love Billet Tech's stuff....

I was looking for a few exterior appearance mods and some performance mods as well.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
I was looking for a few exterior appearance mods and some performance mods as well.
Well, there are lots of options out there for these cars....just do what makes you happy, and don't worry about what the rest of us think :)
If you find a specific product or vendor you have questions about, just ask....someone will chime in with opinions....

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
1. Catch can.
2. If you bought anything else before the catch can, then you need to re-think and buy a catch can. Research if you don't know what one is.
3. What kind of mods are you after? Are you seeking performance or just appearance things?
4. Exhaust is definately important if you want to turn a few more heads but you've already got that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My first mods were:

Short shifter, Mygig Lockpick V5 w/ front and rear cams, weathertech floor and trunk mats, and Blastin Bob's Resonator Delete. The reverse cam is a must, gives a lot more confidence when backing up due to the poor rear visibility.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1. Catch can.
2. If you bought anything else before the catch can, then you need to re-think and buy a catch can. Research if you don't know what one is.
3. What kind of mods are you after? Are you seeking performance or just appearance things?
4. Exhaust is definately important if you want to turn a few more heads but you've already got that.
I'll definitely look into a catch can and I'm definitely seeking more performance than anything I appreciate the feedback!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I have a "base" R/T... started with a K/N CAI, I got a real deal on it... then Blastin Bobs delete... I got the wheels for $800 a set.. and sold my chrome clads, I added stripes, the Stage I HopNot kit... catch can, Hurst shifter, then a tuner which also was programmed with the skip shift eliminator... Shop around, check reviews... most of the stuff was done by members on this site so I just read up on their experiences and made informed decisions.... look for discount codes, and free shipping...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a "base" R/T... started with a K/N CAI, I got a real deal on it... then Blastin Bobs delete... I got the wheels for $800 a set.. and sold my chrome clads, I added stripes, the Stage I HopNot kit... catch can, Hurst shifter, then a tuner which also was programmed with the skip shift eliminator... Shop around, check reviews... most of the stuff was done by members on this site so I just read up on their experiences and made informed decisions.... look for discount codes, and free shipping...
How much did the Hurst shifter change the way it felt?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
YES!! At first I thought I was driving a stock car... Felt every vibration, heard every noise, .... BUT, WAY shorter throws between gears and replacing the Hurst hard bushing (where it bolts to the trans tunnel under the cup holders) with the factory one calmed it WAY down... best of both worlds... firm shifts with just a little noise and vibration... Before the swap - driving it hard I would "miss" third once in a while, since the swap, might have missed third once... period. I would do it again, but recently a lot of folks seem to be going with Barton... so you may want to check it out to see which one you like better...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
YES!! At first I thought I was driving a stock car... Felt every vibration, heard every noise, .... BUT, WAY shorter throws between gears and replacing the Hurst hard bushing (where it bolts to the trans tunnel under the cup holders) with the factory one calmed it WAY down... best of both worlds... firm shifts with just a little noise and vibration... Before the swap - driving it hard I would "miss" third once in a while, since the swap, might have missed third once... period. I would do it again, but recently a lot of folks seem to be going with Barton... so you may want to check it out to see which one you like better...
Thanks I'll look into both!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts