Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned my car on the other morning ('17 Scat Pack) and there is barely any sound, there is no bass and only seems like sound is coming from the front speakers. Has been working fine otherwise and haven't done anything crazy. Is there any easy fix or common problem with this? I hate to take it to the dealership and get charged an insane amount. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
169 Posts
I turned my car on the other morning ('17 Scat Pack) and there is barely any sound, there is no bass and only seems like sound is coming from the front speakers. Has been working fine otherwise and haven't done anything crazy. Is there any easy fix or common problem with this? I hate to take it to the dealership and get charged an insane amount. Thanks for any help!
Man, guess the first thing I’d try is to pull out/check/replace the radio fuse/amp fuse. My car is older than yours, so can’t tell you which ones they are, but I’m sure they’re in the trunk.
good luck,
J

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,010 Posts
Which audio package does the car have (assuming it’s still stock)? If it’s for either of the upgraded packages, there is an amp behind the knee bolster that may have crapped out. Although if it went out, I’d expect all the speakers to stop working and not just a few.

Either way, that’s where I’d start the diagnosis - the audio source, whether that is the amp or the head-unit (in a non-amped base audio package). If there is no sound coming from the audio source, the problem is upstream from it.

If the head-unit is the audio source and no sound coming from it, it would seem to be the problem component.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The way I read this is the car has an upgraded sound system. My thought is the amp is dead, or mostly dead. I don't see anyway else that something would cause this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.